Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - System crash
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

System crash
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szternakb
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: System crash Reply with quote

While playing the game, system is crashing at different places, different playing times, no detectable common thing(s) between the crashes.

Any idea?

I'm using an m505 with 730k+ free RAM, no hacks, no overclocking, every used 3rd party application is bought legally.

Regards: Barna[size=18][/size][size=24][/size]
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any immediate ideas. We don't have anyone else reporting random problems like this. I'm interested however! Especially if you can find a "common element" or a "repeatable element" that can provide me with some clues to follow.
szternakb
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: System crash Reply with quote

Yesterday i played a lot with Warfare (up to level 5) and recognized, that if Handango Security Guard guards the warfare database(s) when too much units are on the screen the system is crashing.
After i turned the encription off (which was automatically turned on by Handango Security Guard) the system crash occured only if i played near to the map edges - usually on the top of the map.
I will collect more...
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info, thanks! I will look into that. If you find anything else out, or a specific level with specific instructions, that would be excellent.
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing this yesterday, and I'm on level M6, when I've had one Fatal Error and three freezes. Very frustrating. I had one Fatal Error on M5 as well. Nothing seems to be in common.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crakerz, please tell me what device you have, and if you are using overclocking. Thanks.
anthonyjcrocks
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be off topic and ignorant but what is overcloaking?
szternakb
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Overclocking or overcloaking? Reply with quote

Overclocking means that you set the processor's clock to higher speed. E.g for palms you can set the original 33MHz up to 66MHz. Or the Intel Xscale processor is designed for very wide speed range, from 100MHz up to 400 MHz.

Overcloaking is something with coats... Wink
anthonyjcrocks
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooopppppssss!!! Embarassed But hey, thanks. i was just testing if you guys were still alert after playing the game for 78hours stright!!! Razz
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scottlu"]crakerz, please tell me what device you have, and if you are using overclocking. Thanks.[/quote]

Scott,

I am using a Clie NX70, and I am not using overclocking. I believe the problem is with the graphics accelerator. I deleted it, and the crashes stopped. Now tho the graphics seem to slow way down if there are lot of characters.

I have had only one other freeze - when I accidentally pressed the Jog Dial. I was very disappointed that this game has no Jog Dial support whatsoever. At the least, please disable it!

Love the game, tho. I would strongly suggest implementing a way to exit quickly from every screen. I'm not afraid of getting caught playing or anything, but when duty *does* call, it sucks having to go through hoops to exit.

Vincent
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sistem crash in C3 , and the game in C3 is very slowly and defficient

i have a zire 71

Grandizer
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Incosistent Crashing... Reply with quote

I've noticed that my T665C will crash every time my alarm goes off while playing the game. However, it doesn't crash if I'm in the statistical info or mission breifing mode. Also, if I spend a long period of time playing (building up a massive army and alot of other things on the screen), it will drastically slow down, freeze, and then cause a fatal error. This happened on every mission I've played (from M1 to M6 so far). It will also give me a fatal error when I play greater than 1/2 hour (with very few things on screen - Alex, enemy bases and troops [M5?]).

I don't run any hacks except for Uptime. DateBk5 to handle the alarms and using ZLauncher's shortcut feature to play the game. I have 3.1megs free on my device.

Good thing I treat it like an RPG and save often and can continue where I finished building off.
szternakb
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Handango Secure Guard Reply with quote

After I completly removed the Handango Secure Guard, crashes stopped (I could play more than an hour without crashing, which was not possible before). It is very interresting, why the secure guard blocked the fast database access, what caused the crash, after i deny it.

I hope this will solve this #&{#@#&@> problem finally.

BTW the game is great, but i'm playing all night which is not soo good at the morning in the work... Laughing
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Crashing In Cut Scenes Reply with quote

I have been playing my way through the story missions, and had a few crashes.

The first occured during the introduction story screen to M5, which prevented me from playing the level. I continued on to the next mission, but had the same thing happen when I reached M7. I decided to try loading all the other missions, and the only other one that did not work was M14.

From what I can tell, only the missions with story screens before the pre-mission transmissions cause the crash. All challenge missions work fine.

I am using a Sony Clié T665C with no overclocking and 4.4MB of internal memory free. The game is running the off of an 128MB Memory Stick.

Jen
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Fatal Exception Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of M8 when the system crashes (for the first time). I reset my Clie N70, but everytime I load Warfare again I go the message "Fatal Alert, Fatal Exception" and needs me to reset again. What can I do? Rolling Eyes Does it has anything to do with having only .48M free memory? Thanks. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: