Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Limitations on building placement??
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Limitations on building placement??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJOHO
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Limitations on building placement?? Reply with quote

I've been looking in the manual + on this forum, but I can't find an answer to this question:

[b]When trying to build something, there are places you can build and places you cannot. Obviously you cannot build on top of a ravine or a soldier or something, but what other limitations are there?[/b]

For example, in M2 Touching Base, the base had buildings that were quite far spread. But when I tried to build NEW buildings equally far apart, I couldn't! Why??

Is it the distance from the HQ that matters? From the nearest power generator?

PS: Why the h*** is BBCode off in this forum? Quite annoying...
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most RTS games, Warfare Incorporated limits where a building can be placed. Basically, buildings have to be within a certain distance of each other. This is to prevent you from building something right inside the enemy’s base. Any buildings already in place on a map do not fall victim to this rule, since they were placed at the level developer’s discretion.

Other RTS games usually have some inexpensive piece, such as a wall, which can be used to build things further out. In Warfare, I extend my area by building power generators, since they are the cheapest building (other buildings cost the same, but require power). If the power generators get in the way, I sell off a few and get some of my money back.

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, you hit it right on the spot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: