Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Reporting piracy
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Reporting piracy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reporting piracy Reply with quote

If we receive a private message asking for a serial numer, is there someone we should forward it to?
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they send you a registration code in return? I got something like that too, and gave them a fake code because I hate people like that (It wouldn't shouldn't matter if you gave them your code or not, because each device has it's own unique device number that will match up with the registration code given when you purchase it).

Piracy is dumb, and it makes me mad that people do it. I actually think there is a hacked version of this game out there, I have heard of people on other forums talking about how they have one, so if there is one, I will help track down that dite for you guys (Handmark and Spiffcode).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mchart
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a nice time trying to remove it from 1000's of computers, and from 1000's of users on IRC DBZ...
CyberGuy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot remove all of it, especially if it comes from a Chinese/Russian site where such regulations do not exist much.

By the way, you don't need a serial number if the game is "patched" and all Palm games can be easily patched.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I already know what both of you stated, but you can get it off of several sites (such as the bigger more popular ones), making it harder to find the game, but it will always still be hard to stop, and I am not stupid so don't be a smart alic with me. IRC is probably one of the bigger problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Timon
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read this topic attentive so my opinion is that i am from russia your prices for your games for our contry is too mach(my pay is only 200 dollars in month on my family)
you must make different prices for countries i get some inet time and find your game in cracked version very easy Shocked i want buy it in honor way but cant do it because have not any card for pay think any mays to pay money for your this is one , second
do more different prices for other contries for example in our country i may buy windows xp ,all adobe aplications such as fotoshop for 1!!!!! dolar in any magazin Shocked . and now be your mad above such people as i or other or no be mad before your policy on purchaising your products be as now may be not crying about pirats Shocked

P.S your game great Laughing cool waiting for the sequel of your game with best regards pirat of captivity from Russia
Timon
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

little advice for your programists i havent find cracked version of game tablle tennis 3d
its defence from patching is more good think about
Rich
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Did they send you a registration code in return?[/quote]

They offered Monopoly, and a working serial number for it. I just ignored the message, but thought that one of the admins here, or possibly a developer, would like to know about it.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it is the same guy...
Quintessence
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Timon does have some valid points. I never really thought about how pay scales are so different in other countries, and how it could affect gaming, etc. Pirated or no, it also demonstrates how gaming can cross so many cultural/geographical lines and give us all some common ground. Something the world could use more of, IMO. I'm purposely not judging whether it makes the piracy right or wrong, but it is some pretty hefty food for thought.

As for the pirates here or elsewhere who can legitimately afford it, that's still just wrong. Sad

Timon
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may told to you how that problem is solved on our country you must only have a small ofice (so people may work home but in our contry)and sell your products for our money and our prices i am easy trasfer roubles to russian ofice and the guys who worked for you then trasfer money to chief ofice on that way working many companies on our contry and one more plus all technical support a have on my language
Very Happy and i not needs on visa card master and so on.So guys if you will make office in Russia i first send money to you for this great cool game even i have now cracked version i not want be a pirate Razz
Quintessence
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be one way to go about it, but will it happen? I'd say probably 'nyet'. Laughing Still, it is good to know that you wouldn't pirate if you had a choice. Keep on gaming, comarade! Smile
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Piracy Reply with quote

The answer to whether you should give out your serial code is Absolutely NOT.

There have been some good points made in this forum thread about different countries and different costs.

We hear what is being said and will take it into consideration.

Thanks for the concern and integrity regarding piracy of the game.

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it bug you too? I really can't stand it, it makes me mad when people pirate games, and even software too. You could easily go download any piece of software for free, which is pretty lame. But, I would also have to agree and can see why some people do it, because they live in foriegn countries where it costs the same, but they don't make anywhere as much as some people do, causing them not being able to buy it.
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't that long ago that I was in college and had a lot more free time then I did money. So I understand what it's like to want something but not being to afford it. However, I also understand that the developers worked hard on this project for several years and took many risks along the way. No one could predict how popular this game would be. That being said, we are sensitive to those in other countries who don't have the same currency, which results in a skewed price for the game. As I said in my last post, we will look into what a practical solution might be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: