Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - ok a few questions.. mission making Please HELP!
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

ok a few questions.. mission making Please HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel3345
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: ok a few questions.. mission making Please HELP! Reply with quote

I'm currently working on my first mission. Its nearing completion. Anyways, how do I set what alerts say? Like I have a area and I want it to warn you that enemies will spawn once you enter the area. How do you do that?

Also when am I completely done making my mission how do I publish it to WI add on missions?

Thanks! Very Happy

Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this forum is dead..sadly.. Crying or Very sad
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel, this forum is not dead Smile

I suggest you ask PhillipEarl. He's an expert on making missions.

Please read the Mission Sharing Rules in the Mission Sharing forum on how to publish your mission pack once it is ready.

Scott

Daniel3345
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

Im having some trouble locating my mission. If you read this could pm, or email me on this issue?

Thanks. Very Happy

Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Daniel! Sorry for the delay - I sent you a pm regarding posting a new mission.

With regard to your question here:

Quote:
Like I have a area and I want it to warn you that enemies will spawn once you enter the area. How do you do that?

Do this:

Create a new trigger for the side that you want to see the alert. If multiple sides can see the alert, select all relevant sides. The trigger will appear where necessary.

Once you have the trigger menu up, click on the conditions tab. The pulldown menu should have a condition already showing that says "area contains units." That's the one you want. Click on that to bring up the condition window. Click on the underlined parts to modify the conditin for your needs and click okay.

Next go to the actions tab. In the pulldown menu will have several options. First is the ecom, where you'll be given the option of a large ecom with a portrait, or a small ecom. This is the best way to get a player's attention, but can be annoying to some. The other two options are "set objective" and "show alert." Set Objective will put your text in the upper left of the screen, and Show Alert will put it in the lower left.

Note the difference between "objective" and "formal objective." Objectives show at the top left of the screen, and FORMAL Objectives show in the mission objectives screen, and are set seperately.

Hope that helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: