Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Mission file management questions
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mission file management questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRonyc
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Mission file management questions Reply with quote

Hi,

I finally figured out that I can use my own website to download my missions for testing directly into my iphone.

It worked for a couple days without a problem. Now I am having some issues with it:

1. When I download my mission into my iphone and press play, it goes to a regular mission, not the add-on missions. I am unable to find/play my test mission.
2. Every time I download the mission, it adds a new mission with the same name. Is there a way to delete previous missions? I can't remove them the regular way since they are not showing up on my download screen (downloaded from custom URL.)

Thank you,
Rony
iRonyc
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: the plot thickens Reply with quote

I did some testing and it looks like the 2 problems above are related. I created a new mission, uploaded it to my server and down to my phone, it worked. So I guess the problem is coming from the fact that the name of the first mission is already listed twice. It would also explains why some of the un-titled missions I downloaded before did the same thing...
HyFvenom
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had to same problem with deleting my maps too all you have to do is find something on the list called "add-on mission pack" and then click remove on that and it will be gone

as for the other thing did you try clicking add-ons? lol
iRonyc
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyFvenom,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it does not help at all. The mission does not appear in the add-on mission pack list because it was downloaded from the CUSTOM URL, therefore it does not appear on that list and can't be removed.

Yes, I tried add-on for the second problem, I'm not a mor-on. When you download a mission, you have the option of pressing OK or PLAY. When I press play, it goes to a regular mission called 'personal goals'. If I click OK and try to go to the add-on mission list, my mission can't be found there...
HyFvenom
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasn't insinuating ur a moron i was just making shure. lol

but what i mean by "add-on mission pack" is in the list were you find custom url after you download it, it adds to the list of add-ons one called "add-on mission pack" if you click on that (in the actual list) it will give you an option to remove. ether that or try erasing then redownloading warfare inc. (this will remove all your saved data tho)

as for the other thing i guess you should just try to redownload warfare inc.
iRonyc
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe I am a moron because I can't find what you mean in the add-on mission pack. Only the missions that were downloaded in the normal way (not the custom URL) are available to remove. My mission does not even show on that screen.

I did not think about removing the app, that sounds like it could work, I will try it out.

Thank you,
Rony
iRonyc
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I erased the app and re-loaded it. Although it did clear all the data, it still does not allow me to play the file. I go the add-on mission packs, select custom URL, click download, put in the URL of my file and click OK. It says it downloaded it and offers me to play it but the mission is not in the add-on mission list. that list is totally blank.

I guess the only thing left for me to try is to upload the mission to the forum and see if that works. If it does not, I guess that will be the end of me creating missions unless someone tells me how to get around this problem...
iRonyc
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Finally problem solved Reply with quote

I played around with the resources (the map was loaded with it) ended up with a 16kb file but it still worked.

Bottom line, this problem happens if there is too much resources on the map.

Thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: