Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Reporting piracy
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Reporting piracy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheeky
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a pirated copy of warfare incorporated but I still bought it from handmark because its such a good game there is no such game on the palm as good as this one I just had to support this game I feel if you like the game you should buy it, if you have money you buy it you can see so much hard work went in to it considering its such a good game its wroth all the money I think its under charged

Cant wait for the multiplayer game!!!
Timon
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also wait Wink your rich boy a have learn assembler and i think i will get my game free if the bosses of this game dont read my answers Shocked and all my Russions and other friends of course will get it free Laughing forever your the simple guy from Russia
Timon
Timon
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your defence of this game very simple Laughing every guy from Russian school can cracked
it 00060e8a-6678-6078,00060e38-6706-4e71 that all Razz i will translate this greate game to Russian language by the way people the some blocks of programm have the functions of multiplayer game i think the new version with this function will come soon Very Happy
we wait- made the defence more great dont interesting cracked weak defence Very Happy
eyekyu
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well ok ..thats right ppl from russia don't got that much money etc etc but if u can afford a palm os handheld which costs 10x more than the game, you can also afford that game, for me thats just a lame excuse for piracy ! and btw you shouldn't be proud that every guy from russian schools is able to crack it. if they could code such a great game thats something to be proud of.
Timon
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont buy it my boss present it me for good work my pay in Russia is only 200 $ in month
for me my wife and my baby Sad i learn the codes therefore
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite a fan of "patching" games.

Now before you tear me a new one I PAY FOR ALL my palm software. Every last one.

I just do not recognize or agree with DRM when it gets too limiting.

I did not even try a demo of WFI. I just bought it. period right through tapwave. Mr Bergen of tapwave showed it to me at CES and I fell in LOVE with it. Love at first site. a RTS for palm How cool !! and FULL advantage of zodiac screen. did not even hesitate to buy it.

I have also been burned on DRM in the past. where a dev would not "update" my drm info for a new or replacement device etc.. that when you dig up a patcher and say screw you.

I do not think the WFI people would do this but you see the point.

Alas I NEVER share "how" to do this stuff with people since I am well aware that their are many scumbags that will patch and run without paying.

$30 is VERY steep for this game I think. Extremely steep.

but $30 is ok IF they continue to support and advance it. IE with multiplayer and HOPEFULLY skirmish modes coming it is WELL worth $30 easily.

I paid because I really wanted a nice RTS for palm (my favorite kind of game Red Alert 3 still my favorite)

I patched and cracked RA2 as well. Did I legally buy it ? hell yes. the SIX copies I have of it attest to that (thats 12 cd's) :-) but i hate being forced to have and run the CD and drive on my laptop. the moment I put a disc in the CD drive I cut my cordless run time in HALF. I have a copy installed on every computer I own and a couple of my friends computers. (that is why I bought so many copies especially since it is so cheap in the last year or so at $10-20 a copy.

I wish a balance could be found between authors and DRM and users.

DRM can be a real pain but if an author puts a good faith effort into support it CAN work out ok.

I HATE device specific DRM. it just totally sucks. I got a NEW zodiac 2 to replace my original Instead of RMA replacing it I arranged with them to BUY another and RMA refund the broken unit. this way I can have both units to migrate my info over.

good thing. many programs break and get nasty during this migration. hoping to have it all worked out by monday so I can return the old unit and get my money back thats $400 floating in limbo till I do :-)

I CAN NOT migrate some of the programs since they are device locked.

Now I have to contact each and every vendor of a device locked program to get things switched over. this is not likely to happen in the 4 days I have so I will likely be without PAID for programs for a sizable period of time as authors get and send the info to me etc..

handmark I will definately support. WFI is one of the moast awesome handheld games I have seen yet. it has some problems but I imagine they are working on them (with multi player coming etc..)

Sorry for the rant but this is a sore subject for me.

it is why I will NEVER buy music online. I only do CD's and on moral principle will NOT buy an copyprotected CD that restricts what I can do with it. I listen to a japanese group called MOVE sadly I can NEVER own their second CD.

I refuse to pirate it yet I also refuse to buy a copy protected disc. screws me screws them. and the pirates will still pirate it. only I and the author lose.

Online music is a rip. you pay the SAME amount per song basically as you would in the store.

you get FAR less quality. NO physical media and LOADS of DRM crap to limit what you can do.

Get a cd it costs the same per song - no DRM to prevent you moving a clean digital copy to your mp3 or CD or Minidisc and you get a nice color cover jewel case and REAL cd with full quality music at no additional charge.

when online songs are UNDER 25 cents a pop IE inline with WHAT your getting then I MIGHT consider it. but I still like the FAR higher quality and no restrictions of CD's

MP3's are my friend. I have purchased more CD's since I started using napster and its clones than I had in my entire previous lifetime before then.

it was simply to hard to FIND music I liked. and with a policy of once you buy it thats it your stuck with it it was better to NOT buy than to take a chance.

with mp3's I can try before I buy so to speak. I have found DOZENS of artists I would NEVER have found otherwise. I now order CD's from all over the world.

I have literally purchased more CD's in the last 2 years than I have in the prior 15 years.

all because of mp3 nd file sharing.

the music industry hate mp3. not because of file sharers. but because mp3 (ie easily distributed drm free capital free formats) EMPOWER the artists.

mp3 in the hands of artists means RIAA is a dinasaur no longer needed. THIS and ONLY THIS is why they so harshly attack mp3 and file sharing.

I am a good moral person. I was raised by good moral parents. if I like the music I download I go and buy it. period. its not even a second thought. lets forget that the bought music is superior in every which way its just the RIGHT thing to do.

RIAA and the like have a stranglehold on artists. MP3 could FREE them that is why it must die in the eyes of the RIAA.

GRR got to stop here or this post will measure in MB. sorry for the rant but its something that really IRKS me a lot.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you, but Tapwave DRM's stuff only to make sure they don't lose money. The tapwave community is so frkn anti-warez, you don't need a damn copy protection system.
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that only because right now the "tapwave" community consists of only early adopters who tend to a wee more money and also tend to be morally more sound.

DRM does NOTHING to protect tapwave's money. DRM is STRICTLY false security to toss a bone to developers. nothing more.

they know it. we know it pirates know it.

If tapwave keeps a good product going and developers make good product at good prices piracy will be small on their radar DRM or otherwise.

again the people who pirate have NO intention of paying for it anyway so you gain and lose NOTHING if they pirate the software. does it make it right. off course not. will I do it ? no. but it still does not change that fact that keeping them from pirating it does NOT mean they will buy it.

on top of that your attempt to keep them from pirating it WILL FAIL and yet it will cost me headaches.

look at nintendo games. they are CATRIDGES. what better DRM could you have ?

Now do a google search for "romz"

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: