Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Low Impact Campaign
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Low Impact Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M1: Core Competencies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Low Impact Campaign Reply with quote

I am starting this topic to compile strategies for completing this level with a minimal number of friendly casualties by overtaking an enemy base. Usually this entails finding and eliminating the enemy bullup(s) and power generators to slowly choke off their resources. If you are the type of person who builds an enormous army with which to smite your enemy, please do NOT post your techniques here.
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIFFICULTY: NORMAL

There is not much to this mission. Your initial objectives are to setup your headquarters and mine 3,500 units of galaxite. When an OMNI patrol is detected in the area, your objective changes to eliminate all OMNI forces in the area.

There are two patrols on this map. The first consists of two eagle scouts, 1 rocket launcher soldier, and a bullup. The second consists of 5 machine gun soldiers.

I setup my headquarters close to the start location, and put my galaxite processor to the North to mine the small field there. My HRC goes to the South.

I ignore the first enemy unit, since they are on a patrol route that avoids me. This gives me a chance to build up 6 machine gun soldiers. Usually the second patrol unit will attack my base from the South after I have pushed out 4 or 5 soldiers.

Once they are toast, I head off after the first patrol unit. The rocket launcher soldier in this group can wreck real havoc, so I plan an ambush and divide my men amongst the group, making sure a least one eagle scout is set on the rocket launcher. I ignore the bullup in the initial attack, since vehicles do not have the ability to run over my group troops.

If all goes well, I walk away with some weary but alive soldiers.

zca81
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: My strategy Reply with quote

My favourite one is to build Mobile HQ units and to setup camp right outside entrances to enemy camps and build rows of five or six towers. This means that no miners or small groups of enemy units can leave the base. Therefore you can mine uncontested, you are forcing the enemy to make the attacking move (eg defensive advantage) and you are clamping down on attacks before they can happen. With no patroling omni troops the map is entirely yours. As soon as you see $ signs appearing over buildings it is time to go in with a modest sized army and pick up the pieces. This tactic is great fun. It alows you to watch the enemy slowly suffocate and die, also it is very entertaining observing futile atempts to leave the trap.
davids
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: My strategy Reply with quote

[quote="zca81"]My favourite one is to build Mobile HQ units and to setup camp right outside entrances to enemy camps and build rows of five or six towers.[/quote]

Heh, what a great tactic! I also target the bullup and try and cut off their camp exits, but I always used a sizeable group of Liberators positioned at each entrance.

But the towers sound much better! Not only do they perform better for cutting off a fixed path, but they aren't stupid enough to automatically wander in and get cut to pieces inside the encampment - like every other member of my army is!
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that the best way to kill the enemy with minimal casualties on my side is to build up a large amry and smite them to the ground! Twisted Evil

But, I do like building towers all over the place, that really helps reduce the amount of casualties on your side (unless they bombard you with Cylcopses).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joshuaiscool
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Better Reply with quote

After you set up the gatterling & rocket towers 50/50. Build a HRC and VCR near it with cannon protection. Use corporate raiders from the HRC to take over enermy buildings (Aim for warehouses, processor with a bullpup inside and suprise: enermy construction buildings). Remember a captured building only cost you $550 no building is this cheap with some their is actully a profit to be made. The VCR can make some tanks to lead enermy units right into cannons without loosing the unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M1: Core Competencies All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: