Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Completed
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Completed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M6: Embrace and Extend
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Storming the Base Without Erradicating Your Troops Reply with quote

Well, these free radicals have a rather well established base, and already have several forces all gung ho and running towards you once the mission starts. Normally, they are running two bullups, one to the N and another to the E, and tend to get rather pissed if you take one out before you have enough morgue meat to back you up.

If you manage to survive long enough to start building a force, the enemy base in the SW corner can still be a challenge to overrun; unless you prefer to pour endless numbers of your troops into a meat grinder. These pixilated monstrosities have built a base that has two extremely narrow entrances, one to the N and one to the E. Both are well guarded by turrets, and are gigantic deathtraps if you try to run them while the turrets are active. This means you need to choke them out.

Position your assault forces just outside each entrance, poised to kill bullups and troops that dare step outside the confines of the soon to be overrun radical base. Make sure to keep them back from those turrets because your boys are so charged up (probably high on galaxite) they’ll run right at them if they get close enough. Give it time and the radicals will burn up all their money.

While the noose is tightening, take two liberators to the SE side of the enemy base. There are two generators that can be hit from this location without endangering valuable equipment. Make sure to have a few troops standing guard in case a few radicals slip by your door guards.

Keep this up until you notice the radicals aren’t repairing anymore. This means they’re out of money. MUWAHAHAHAHAH!!! I would weep for them, but considering what they did to me at the beginning, I can’t help but maniacally laugh at how the tide has turned and death is knocking on THEIR door.

In any case, once the radicals are wallowing, slip three liberators past the S turret and have them destroy it once they’re out of range of the N turrets. Next, progress S to take out a few more power generators. I only use three liberators because more than that and these jar heads will go driving right through the base to get into position.

After you’ve knocked out enough power generators to kill the turrets, it’s time for the fun to begin. Sweep you N and E forces into the base and kill any red devils trying to flee (thankfully they flee by running right at you and shooting).

At this point all that’s left is to take out each building one by one. There’s a certain glee I feel seeing the flashing dollar signs and lightning bolts over all the fortifications.

MerlinustheTransport
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screenshots are interesting. Especially the low res grayscale. How do you figure out which side is which?
brendan
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Grandizer"]Is it just me or are these free radical guys very well funded? I couldn't find any mining vehicles and they seem to pump out soldiers faster than I can. Good thing I fortified all my bases (3 in total) with rocket launchers and gun turrets. I actually set the game to easy on the second time around just to see for sure I didn't miss anything.[/quote]

Uh,not really...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M6: Embrace and Extend All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: