Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Low Impact Campaign
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Low Impact Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M6: Embrace and Extend
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Low Impact Campaign Reply with quote

I am starting this topic to compile strategies for completing this level with a minimal number of friendly casualties by overtaking an enemy base. Usually this entails finding and eliminating the enemy bullup(s) and power generators to slowly choke off their resources. If you are the type of person who builds an enormous army with which to smite your enemy, please do NOT post your techniques here.
Torael_7
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well, this was awhile back, but I'll post anyway.

I started doing this after M5, after systematically destroying the whole base with only Andy, before going to rescue. From there on, in practically [i]all[/i] missions, finesse was usually my option...once I started the offensive. What I would do was cut off their Galaxite if possible (it usually is), typically by setting a force in the things path, which doubled to cover my bullpups as they mined his galaxite. Twisted Evil Once I was ready, I'd team a force of Liberators to a small artillary unit. Liberators are obviously good against the infantry I'd have to fight, and are (in groups) decent against tanks.....with artillary support, they're pretty good against the tanks, which generally negated the need for Hydras and/or rocket troopers. So, I'd creep forward, demolishing defensive towers with artillary, then slaughtering whatever came out to stop me. *In general* I never needed more than 4-6 artillary units (Srry, can't remember what they're called!) and no more than a dozen Liberators, so long as I micromanaged - group all their fire on one enemy unit at a time, and make sure they don't go chasing after stuff. Once this is done, I can camp it at their production buildings, just in case they have money for some reason, and kill anything that they build as it comes out. Of course, the Raiders are coming in now, and I capture their production buildings first, then the rest of the base. And since it [i]doesn't[/i] require destruction of power gens, I don't have to build my own to keep frmo losing power.

Specific to *this* mission, I dug in [i]hard[/i] with the turrets, which served to defend me, cut off access to the triggers for the replicator, and stop their bullpups in many cases. Soon enough, I had guard forces on all three triggers, and was using the replicator myself. From there on, I just used the thing to quickly generate my surgical attack force (liberators + artillary) and raiders...though I admit, the temptation to build about 60 tanks and just slaughter them was there. Very Happy
brendan
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Torael_7"]Hmm, well, this was awhile back, but I'll post anyway.

I started doing this after M5, after systematically destroying the whole base with only Andy, before going to rescue. From there on, in practically [i]all[/i] missions, finesse was usually my option...once I started the offensive. What I would do was cut off their Galaxite if possible (it usually is), typically by setting a force in the things path, which doubled to cover my bullpups as they mined his galaxite. Twisted Evil Once I was ready, I'd team a force of Liberators to a small artillary unit. Liberators are obviously good against the infantry I'd have to fight, and are (in groups) decent against tanks.....with artillary support, they're pretty good against the tanks, which generally negated the need for Hydras and/or rocket troopers. So, I'd creep forward, demolishing defensive towers with artillary, then slaughtering whatever came out to stop me. *In general* I never needed more than 4-6 artillary units (Srry, can't remember what they're called!) and no more than a dozen Liberators, so long as I micromanaged - group all their fire on one enemy unit at a time, and make sure they don't go chasing after stuff. Once this is done, I can camp it at their production buildings, just in case they have money for some reason, and kill anything that they build as it comes out. Of course, the Raiders are coming in now, and I capture their production buildings first, then the rest of the base. And since it [i]doesn't[/i] require destruction of power gens, I don't have to build my own to keep frmo losing power.

Specific to *this* mission, I dug in [i]hard[/i] with the turrets, which served to defend me, cut off access to the triggers for the replicator, and stop their bullpups in many cases. Soon enough, I had guard forces on all three triggers, and was using the replicator myself. From there on, I just used the thing to quickly generate my surgical attack force (liberators + artillary) and raiders...though I admit, the temptation to build about 60 tanks and just slaughter them was there. Very Happy[/quote]

Artillary units are called Cyclops. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M6: Embrace and Extend All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: