Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - What are the minimum requirements for a level to work?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What are the minimum requirements for a level to work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: What are the minimum requirements for a level to work? Reply with quote

I have downloaded the Level Editor and looked at the example levels provided, trying to figure out what I have to do to make new levels. I have made a map and added the start of a story. I am, of course, eager to see my new level on the Palm, so I have tried to create a level pack with my one level, but when I install the pack to my Palm Tungsten T3 I do not see my new level in the list. I assume this is because my level lacks something important, but I can not figure out what it is.

So my question is: Does anyone know what the minimum requirements are in order for a level to work? Is there a list of what "ingredients" I have to add to my level to be able to test it?

--SoLan
t3guy
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem at first. I am also beta testing the OS5 version and it would not see the level I made. I had to go to the website and get 1.00a to see my level. Make sure you choose play a mission, and then challange. I am still working on getting the AI to work. So far I can make the computer spawn a few people and vehicles and mine. Anyone getting further?
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean that what it says in the readme about the OS 5 / ARM beta release working with levels from the level editor is wrong, or is there something else that we didn't do right?

--SoLan
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: That was it! (v. 1.0a) Reply with quote

I did as you suggested (downloaded v. 1.0a - I have obviously been running an earlier version) and now I can play my mission. It is a pretty stupid mission so far, but now at least I can see what is working and what is not. Also seeing the map on the T3 was useful - you do not get the right impression from watching it in the editor.

I see now that my mission objectives - and the reaction on completing and failing the objectives - work, so now I just need to get the rest of the level to work. Smile

--SoLan

t3guy wrote:
I had the same problem at first. I am also beta testing the OS5 version and it would not see the level I made. I had to go to the website and get 1.00a to see my level. Make sure you choose play a mission, and then challange. I am still working on getting the AI to work. So far I can make the computer spawn a few people and vehicles and mine. Anyone getting further?
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we have a bug in the OS 5 beta - we'll take a look. Apologies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: