Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Digitizer problem
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Digitizer problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agentcx
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Digitizer problem Reply with quote

When I exited the game recently (I have been playing for a couple weeks now) I noticed that my digitizer is off-center. When I recalibrate, it's still off-center. I have a clie sj22. I've looked into 3rd party software that might help with this problem, but they don't seem to do much accept bring up the digitizer screen after a soft reset (if you were unable to get to it the regular way). I also double checked install notes to make sure I had installed the correct files, which I had. Any suggestions?
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first i've heard of the problem. Are you running any hacks?
agentcx
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only hack i'm running is for Fitaly Stamp using X-Master. I've been using it for about 3 to 6 months. It seems that the digitizer problem is only with the top right portion of the screen, so it might just be a hardware problem that came up coincidentally. I tried uninstalling Warfare to see if that made a difference, it did not. (By the way, will my license key still work when I reinstall?)

Thanks for your response.
agentcx
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to follow up...

I am pretty sure that my problem is a hardware problem, not software. I apologize. It was coincidental that Warfare was the most recent thing I had installed before the problem started. I also thought using the grafiti pad to move the screen during gameplay might have had something to do with it.

The game is great. Can't wait to get it on a new palm (though it might be a few months).
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you are having a hardware problem, but i must admit to being relieved that you didn't find some unknown bug Smile

If you use the same profile you shouldn't have any problem. However, if you create a new profile then it won't work and you will need to get a new activation code.

agentcx
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed it. I found a little program (3k) called Callibrator that fixed the problem. It only cost $8.00, though I think the demo is a booby trap that forces you to get the full version.

I don't know what this means as far as whether my problem was with software or hardware...
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their is a digitizer issue with warfare on the Zodiac. it is VERY minor might just want to post an announcement of "don't do this"

on the ZOD if I press and hold the power button I get a "pop up" window to change volume and brightness of backlight.

doing this wonks warfare. shutting down and restarting the program fixes everything though.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! I'll have to look into it. Does this behave like that for everyone?
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is what happens. when you press and hold power to call up the volume and brightness control panel.

it is created in the middle as a square.

the WFI screen behind it ALSO is resized to a square (all material is remove from the left and right of the square.

when I click done on the pop up the wfi window returns and refreshes fine BUT now the "digitizer" is wonked. you have to "tap" about 1+ inches RIGHT of a unit to select it (it appears on the x axis gets wonked) if you exit digitizer is fine and upon reentering the game digitizer is fine.

for now just tell people not to invoke the pop up or "probably" any other pop up for that matter :-)

Good luck.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: