Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Where are my missions? Please Help!
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Where are my missions? Please Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technic13
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Where are my missions? Please Help! Reply with quote

I have posted two mission called "VS Unknown Enemy" and "Sweet and Simple." They are an the forum, the file is there, and I have waited For almost 3 hours. Even after all this time, my missions are still not appearing on the "ADD-ON MISSION PACKS" section of my iPod. Do I just need to wait longer or did I do something wrong, and if so what can I do to fix it. I really want to play my missions, so please help.
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post the steps you took to upload your missions a more experienced player can help you further.
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Downloaded? Reply with quote

You have to download them off of the add-on mission packs on the main page of the app. Even though you made them you still have to download them. Also, are you looking under the add-on missions for single player or multiplayer? You have to be online to veiw your multiplayer maps that you have downlaoded. There is also a + sign next to all mission packs that you have downloaded in the add-on missions on the main app screen.
Technic13
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Steps I took. Reply with quote

As requested, here are the steps I took:
First, I made my mission. I then saved it and exported it. Then I followed the instructions on this site: http://sites.warfareincorporated.com/mission-authoring/making-your-mission-live
those are the steps I have taken.[/url]

Also, my missions are still not available for download in the add-on missions on the main app screen. They are not in either the single or multiplayer.

I hope this info. helps.

Update- I have noticed that all of my files end in ".ld.pdb" Could this be the problem? Please tell me if it is.

Update 2- I have an aditional question, what is the "OutputFilename" in the level option? Is it important? Could it be the problem?

Last edited by Technic13 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could be. Are you hitting export mission pack before you go to the forum? Ur not just saving it as .pbd?
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i think iv got it, i downloaded the map and you have side 3 as computer overmind, im pretty sure that ur never supposed to use this, hope I helped Very Happy
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: .pdb Reply with quote

Computer overmind wouldn't effect being able to download the mission, al though you should definetally change that. Computer overmind just attacks everything from the start and is constantly attacking. Scott stares it was used in testing, but it got in the mission creator somehow. I might try to create a computer overmind map someday. Galm once accidently did that on one of his maps and I got a taste of it. Pretty wild.
Anyways, I beleive your problem is that it is saved as a .ld.pdb . It should be saved as a .pdb with out the .ld . That should work.

Technic13
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Theory Reply with quote

I have yet another question, can anyone else download my mission files, or are the files just not working? Please tell me if you can or can't.

I have also changed the files from "ld.pbd" to just ".pbd" I hope this fixes the problem. I will update this post later to tell if it is fixed or not.
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't get them onto my iPod, the only other possible problem I can think of is the post you made, the layout. For example I think you went:
description:
djdbdjebejdj

rather than
description: djdbdjebejdj

I recall that this was the problem with another of iawinner maps in the past

Technic13
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Thank you!!! Reply with quote

THANK YOU so much everyone! I have finally got my missions on my iPod. Again, Thanks for your help. The problem is solved!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: