Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Make editor simpler and less time consuming
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Make editor simpler and less time consuming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10inchAssassin
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Make editor simpler and less time consuming Reply with quote

I think the editor is good but it should have a few extra things added to it to make it simpler and less time consuming.

First of all you should be able to select a unit and click and drag around where you want the units to be placed or the wall. Making walls around bases takes forever having to drag from the side continuous. Or to have it so you can click on the thing you want and just click on the map where you want to place it and have it stay constant until you want to change so you can click continuously and keep placing units. (If is not too difficult to add this, it would make the editor alot better)

If anyone has any comments on this feel free, I have no problem with being proven wrong.

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like this (and suggested it somewhere esle around here...). Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pennstdoc
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can highlight and use CTRL C then CTRL V to copy and paste.... that seems to speed things up.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also control-drag any selection on the map and you'll drag a duplicate of it. This is an important tip so you're not always dragging from the unit / terrain palettes.
10inchAssassin
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok thanks that will help speed up my map making. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: