Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - New to level editing in general
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New to level editing in general

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikio
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: New to level editing in general Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

I am pretty new to this whole thing of designing levels. I have been playing around with the editor for a few days now, and just wondering what suggestions others might have about designing a map?

Would it be easier to start off with a story in mind and then design it out, or would it be easier to design a map, and then think of a storyline?

I am just beginning to understand how the fundamentals work, so hopefully I will have something to post that you can all try to let me know how I'm doing! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

create the story, then draw out a rough draft of the map on paper, make sure it is as vague as possible, have no detail. Then go into the editor and make the map, start adding little things. Then triggers, then troubleshooting.

Thats how it works for me...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mikio
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thanks Verdagon!

I tried your mission out the other day... damn! Talk about aggressive! he hehe... I'll try to keep mine a little more tame
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: