Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Post Storyline Suggestions Here
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Post Storyline Suggestions Here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bartybot
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Post Storyline Suggestions Here Reply with quote

Perhaps some explenations on the origins of the race that created the replicators. Or perhaps a new corporation could be introduced, started up by one of the characters from ACME.

Or the return of traitor Fox. You can be creative! Or how about Andy gets replicated!!!
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Storyline Suggestions Here Reply with quote

[quote="bartybot"]Perhaps some explenations on the origins of the race that created the replicators. Or perhaps a new corporation could be introduced, started up by one of the characters from ACME.

Or the return of traitor Fox. You can be creative! Or how about Andy gets replicated!!![/quote]

Hey quiet about the forx return. im working on that right now.

but i like the idea of how andy gets replicated.

heres another idea: you know the teal force, force 4? have them as a renegade part of OMNI. and while theyre fighting you have to sneak into one of the bases and do something... dunno

another one: Theres this huge mountain range that goes all around icarus, and OMNI's on one side ACME on the other, but the Radicals have the pass. You and OMNI are both trying to break through the radicals to get to eachother and take over eachothers sides, but you have to make sure that ACME wins.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iceroid7
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Idea:

Mission Background:
Andy gets replicated as part of an OMNI plot to get rid of ACME once and for all. OMNI brainwashes him to follow their orders to the letter. But little does OMNI realize that one of the technicians modified the brainwash to only have Andy obey OMNI when the technician tells him to. The Technician tells Andy to destroy the biggest OMNI bases on the planet. OMNI is now crippled and they must team up with ACME to defeat Andy II.

Mission Objectives:
Destroy Andy II's base with no survivors.

Mission Description:
Andy II has a very large base established in the Northwest corner of the map. There are three entrances to the map,one which is on the opposite side of Andy II's base from you. Seperating you from this rear entrance is a well defended galaxite field worth about 100000 credits. The front two entrances should be completely impenetrable except by a force that would take up more space than the map itself. This would force you to capture the galaxite field, not only giving you valuable resources, but giving you the tactical edge needed to destroy Andy II's base.

You start on the Southeast corner of the map with a Dominion, 2 cyclops, 2 hydras and 2 liberators. You get a galaxite field within your base area supplying approx. 10000 credits-- just enough to get you started.

OMNI (allied with you) starts in Northeast corner with the equivalent OMNI units.

Both you and OMNI are equadistant from a replicator in the exact center of the map. This replicator is lightly defended by Andy II and should be relatively easy to take over. Once the replicator is taken over and you send your first unit through, a trigger is triggered that tells Andy II to increase attacks against OMNI, within 10 minutes, the OMNI base should be destroyed, but with massive casualties to Andy II. This is your chance to attack Andy II. Take whatever force you choose to build and go through the Galaxite field previously mentioned. This leads you to Andy II's central production area. Destroy his HRC and VTS yards that are positioned directly through the back entrance to disable his production. Once this is done, Andy II sends his remaining units from the OMNI assault (somewhere around 20 units) and attempts to destroy your force. Once you have disabled this force, feel free to destroy the rest of his base and complete the mission. Very Happy

I hope this wont be too hard to make. I will be attempting to create this scenario on my own, although it will be my first scenario to make. So who knows how it will turn out. Rolling Eyes

The only correctly quoted quote is a misquote.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Girt
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I likie it!
iceroid7
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit complicated aint it? Razz

The only correctly quoted quote is a misquote.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Girt
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but only for the game designer Laughing

Seriously, tho', your story is just what I think makes a good one - an actual plot, one that draws the player along...

- Girt

Girt
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Story Concepts Reply with quote

I have *just* got the editor and am still sizing it up - looks great! More Triggers and abilities than I thought it would have. I'm excited.

Anyway, I wanted to throw out a concept - it looks like one could add some interesting elements, almost like an adventure game.
eg - go to a location to find a needed object, then... la-de-da.

I'm just formulating here, but for instance, I'm thinking of sending Andy in as an engineer, taking over a buliding, and appearing with Armor and a Pulse Rifle.

Even if I can't change the character like that, one could still set triggers and switches and have fun.
eg - an area/building is locked until you find the key (area trigger), etc.

Just trying to stimulate thinking beyond, "build a big base and kill the other guy."

- Girt

Girt
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to point out another element iceroid used that makes a level fun - limitations and key strategies. In his scenario, the player needs to take over a certain Galaxite field, or fail. That makes for good gameplay.

One thing I plan to do is have Andy in the power armor w/ Pulse rifle, but little else. One of the enemy teams are going to be, basically, Berserkers who charge in a fairly steady stream - something a pulse rifle can handle, but only if you're alert. Still working on details - had to see what the editor could do first. And the machines. I think an Eagle, for instance, would get swarmed trying to kill a stream, whereas a Pulse rifle would not, due to its ability to kill with one shot.

- Girt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: