Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - First complete WI level!
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

First complete WI level!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: First complete WI level! Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Good news! I have successfully created the first complete level! (Besides the ones already in the game, lol)

...Well at least I think it's the first, none of the other ones I've seen are complete...

Download it and take a look! It's at http://www.wilevels.cjb.net/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that, like myself, many are waiting for spiffcode's official site to upload to, after the beta is released. Less chance of breaking my ARM that way Wink

I remember that when Unreal released their level editor, the number of levels created was astronomical. Shocked

Every one of them was free, too (people doing it for the joy of doing it, and mabe a little notoriety, Razz ), which is the great thing about releasing the level editor to the open market. It really drives new sales of the core program, as the re-playability is increased. That should incent spiffcode to create even more incredible software, and so it starts....

Enjoy your 15 minutes Very Happy

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="crakerz"]I'm guessing that, like myself, many are waiting for spiffcode's official site to upload to, after the beta is released. Less chance of breaking my ARM that way Wink

I remember that when Unreal released their level editor, the number of levels created was astronomical. Shocked

Every one of them was free, too (people doing it for the joy of doing it, and mabe a little notoriety, Razz ), which is the great thing about releasing the level editor to the open market. It really drives new sales of the core program, as the re-playability is increased. That should incent spiffcode to create even more incredible software, and so it starts....

Enjoy your 15 minutes Very Happy[/quote]

Thank you I will.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Verdagon, I will download and play it.
bilfer
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Hmmmm... Reply with quote

Congratulations, Verdagon! FYI, when I tried to download your new level, I received a "file-not-found" error. Can't wait to test it out!
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bilfer, I guess it was down. I checked it, and it turns out that aol deleted it. I uploaded it again so it should be working.
Girt
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" it turns out that aol deleted it"

What?
Probably questionable content... Wink

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. But I'm working on the next level right now. It's going to be a full scale battle at the ACME HQ. The Free Radicals are going to attack, and once you defeat them, something really bad is going to happen.

BTW, is there a way to create galaxite in-game? Or modify the amount of credits inside a galaxite?

PS. Please post suggestions and comments about my level. I want is to be very good, so please tell me what I can improve Very Happy

SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdagon wrote:
PS. Please post suggestions and comments about my level. I want is to be very good, so please tell me what I can improve Very Happy

I noticed that your finished level still claims to be a beta version. I have just started to look at it, so I do not have any more comments yet.

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah crap! I forgot to take that out! Sorry, it'll be out in the next 5 mins.
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's fixed. I hope nobody thought that it really was a beta... lol.

Thanks for telling me, SoLan.

Donw35
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, level. I had to play it four times before I could complete it. Good balance within the level..
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Donw35"]Nice, level. I had to play it four times before I could complete it. Good balance within the level..[/quote]

Thanks! I was kind of worrying about the balance.

The next level is going to be awesome...

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdagon wrote:
I have no idea. But I'm working on the next level right now. It's going to be a full scale battle at the ACME HQ. The Free Radicals are going to attack, and once you defeat them, something really bad is going to happen.

BTW, is there a way to create galaxite in-game? Or modify the amount of credits inside a galaxite?

To answer both your questions: No, and no. You can not create galaxite, you can not change the worth. You could create an area that contains galaxite, and then if a miner enters it, add or subtract credits from the player.

I guess I was the first to play your level (while I was debugging it for you) and it wasn't bad (for a beta Wink ). Well laid out, but I must say, it was a little predictable towards the end. Looking forward to the next one.

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="crakerz"][quote="Verdagon"]I have no idea. But I'm working on the next level right now. It's going to be a full scale battle at the ACME HQ. The Free Radicals are going to attack, and once you defeat them, something really bad is going to happen.

PS. Please post suggestions and comments about my level. I want is to be very good, so please tell me what I can improve Very Happy[/quote]

To answer both your questions: No, and no. You can not create galaxite, you can not change the worth. You could create an area that contains galaxite, and then if a miner enters it, add or subtract credits from the player.

I guess I was the first to play your level (while I was debugging it for you) and it wasn't bad (for a beta Wink ). Well laid out, but I must say, it was a little predictable towards the end. Looking forward to the next one.[/quote]

Having the Free Radicals attack the ACME HQ was predictable? Wow...

What part besides that was predictable?

PS. Thank you for your feedback, muchly appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: