Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Replicator Hazard
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Replicator Hazard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Replicator Hazard Reply with quote

Description:
In this three level mission pack, the Free Radicals return to make more trouble for ACME. Free Radical scientists have somehow gained access to ACME Replicator research, and Andy gets the job of stopping them before they unlock the secret to operating the Replicators.

The three levels contained in the mission pack are: "H1: Missing Research", "H2: Replicator Defense" and "H3: Tainted Technology". These are intermediate level missions, meaning that most players will be able to play them with difficulty set to "Easy", while expert players will want to chose the "Hard" setting.

Author:
SoLan

History:
This is version 1 of the mission pack

Replicator_hazard.pdb
 Description:
In this three-level mission pack the Free Radicals return to make more trouble for ACME.

Download
 Filename:  Replicator_hazard.pdb
 Filesize:  26.21 KB
 Downloaded:  57351 Time(s)

Last edited by SoLan on Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:01 pm; edited 7 times in total
kekeeb
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played the first level and I love it. I’ve been trying to make something that good but whenever I try something goes wrong and I soon give up. It seems you know what you are doing; could you give me a few pointers to get started?

PC-Custom Built AMD Athlon XP 2800, 1024mb RAM, two 80gig, 7200rpm hard drives and a GeForceFx 5600 w/ 256mb DDR
Wizard
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be a bit biased as I helped to beta test this level Wink , but it is a great level pack. All the missions are put together really well with a great story through out.

Download and play it now. Very Happy

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
HTML | JS | VB | KIX | CFM | English

Everyone is a 'disgruntled employee'. What kind of word is 'disgruntled' anyway.? Can someone be 'gruntled'.?
V I P E R X
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this work on Pocket PC's even though it's a Palm database file? I'd rather play it on my Pocket PC becuase it runs Warefare a bit better and has a bigger screen. Until then I'll play it on my Palm.
Xbox Live Gamertag- V I P E R X
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Warfare Inc. development team, mission packs work on both Palm and PocketPC versions of the game, as long as the game is v1.0a or later.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoLan's updated it and I believe it requires Warfare Incorporated v1.1.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished up the final mission in the pack. The difficulty level appears to be perfectly tuned (Intermediate - as advertised) The plot was excellent, and the layout superb. The placement of the galaxite was especially important, as it forces the player to think more strategically! Instead of building regiments of Hydras, Liberators and Cyclops, I actually found that my most effective unit in the opening minutes of the last mission was the Eagle (In two groups of ten)!!! Bravo on a well balanced mission pack that encourages balanced play.

One question, though: After completing three of the four objectives in the last mission, I went on a hunt for the final activation platform for the replicator with no success. Where is it?
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Smile

I am sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase for the third activator. Confused It is in the enemy base, but outside of the map (below the map, actually). You are not meant to be able to use the Replicator in this level and you only have access to two of the activators in order to stop the Free Radicals from using it.

I thought this setup would work, but if you consider this to be a major flaw in the level, I may have to rethink it for the next version.

PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really a major flaw. The only reason I looked for it was out of curiosity; I'd already rescued the scientists and wiped out all but one free radical building. If anything, you could indicate in the mission briefing that only two platforms are in the immediate vicinity - the third being several miles away in a remote locale that as yet has been undiscovered by Acme. Another alternative would be to actually place the platform next to the replicator, although that seems awfully close.

My gut tells me the first option would probably be best, if you felt you needed to do anything at all. The absence of a third platform neither hindered me from finishing the mission, nor made me feel slighted upon not finding it once the mission was over!
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even as I hit "Submit" I thought of this -

If you did decide to mention anything in the mission briefing regarding the third platform, it could be an interesting spinoff for a fourth mission! Very Happy
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoLan wrote:
I am sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase for the third activator. Confused It is in the enemy base, but outside of the map (below the map, actually).

You don't mean this literally, do you? I thought that would give a compile error.

SoLan wrote:
You are not meant to be able to use the Replicator in this level and you only have access to two of the activators in order to stop the Free Radicals from using it.

How about putting it inside of an enclosed wall or other inaccessible area? Or just not activating it if your side is on it? Maybe an ecom that says it is out of order or for FR use only? Wink I mean, it's not like the pads turn on the replicator by themselves!
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipEarl wrote:
Even as I hit "Submit" I thought of this

That's what the edit button is for Very Happy

drdeath2k3
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crakerz wrote:
PhillipEarl wrote:
Even as I hit "Submit" I thought of this

That's what the edit button is for Very Happy

thanks tips Very Happy

Palm Zire 71
1.8MB free RAM
256MB ScanDisk SD Card
Launcher of choice: ZLauncher 4 Beta
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crakerz wrote:
SoLan wrote:
I am sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase for the third activator. Confused It is in the enemy base, but outside of the map (below the map, actually).

You don't mean this literally, do you? I thought that would give a compile error.

I mean it literally where story is concerned, but I do not place stuff outside of the actual map when I design.

crakerz wrote:
How about putting it inside of an enclosed wall or other inaccessible area? Or just not activating it if your side is on it? Maybe an ecom that says it is out of order or for FR use only? Wink I mean, it's not like the pads turn on the replicator by themselves!

This is more than anything a question about space on the map. I think you have complained about the limit on map sizes yourself in the past, haven't you? Wink The two activators that are on the map have a function in the game. I have a problem seeing the point in wasting space on an activator that has no function in the game.

As I said earlier, I will re-think how this is handled in the game for the next version, but I have a strong feeling there is not going to be any more activator pads on the map.

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've never actually complained about the map sizes myself (tho some have), just some of the limits for the coding. Wink

I understand what you are saying about the pad now. I thought the way it was stated meant you needed/wanted the third one visibly present for the story. Maybe the ecom is the best solution Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: