Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Please Report Beta 2 Bugs Here!
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Please Report Beta 2 Bugs Here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Please Report Beta 2 Bugs Here! Reply with quote

This topic is for Beta 2 bug reports.

Last edited by scottlu on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, thanks for the new updates!

I found a few things:

1. The obsolete counter stuff is still there.
2. Can't seem to find where to link levels.
3. The issue we discussed in
http://www.handmark.com/warfare/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509 is still there for me.
4. Trigger load/upload buttons still don't work (OK, not a bug, but wishful thinking).

More tomorrow, good night!

SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crakerz, you link levels by setting "Set next mission to" to the name of the mission that you want to be loaded when the user finishes. In this version you can use the name that you gave the mission (.lvl) rather than the auto-generated internal reference name.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crakerz:

- didn't remove obsolete counter. It's on my list for the next release.
- I lowered the priority of the re-positioning view bug since the repro scenarios are no longer when you place or click on a map item. Those were the worst problems and are fixed.
- I haven't done anything with the trigger buttons since the general issue of more flexible trigger management needs attention later, so it is a lower priority for the moment.

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Fatal Exception Reset Reply with quote

With the Beta 3, if I do not completely exit a level (ie, abort the mission) before I upload a new version, when the game is restarted, and the OK is clicked, I get a fatal exception reset.

The old version would just go back to the main menu on start up.

Also, if you attempt to play a saved game of an older version, fatal exception reset occurs.

The old version would just give an internal game error.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, that is a good bug. Basically saved games are not compatible with new edits to the same mission, and the game needs to know that.
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is new or not:

If you move any structure or mobile unit, its health goes back to the default (0).

If you move the Bullpup, Raider, or Dominion, its aggression will revert back to default (coward).

Kinda annoying, esp. if you don't know about it! Confused
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not new, crakerz. I noticed the problem with buildings reverting to full health on being moved in the previous version as well. I can't understand why I didn't think of reporting that as a bug... Shocked
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Corrupted levels Reply with quote

Again, I'm not sure if this is related to the new version or not, but it didn't start until this one!

After installing the new editor, I re-compiled the level. Like any good beta tester, I tested it. I do admit that I made several small changes, all of which worked (mostly to ecoms and the like).

Several things didn't "trigger" that had triggered before, things I didn't change. After much hair tearing, I realized that the triggers were corrupted somehow. Deleting them (not copying!) and retyping them in as new (exactly as before, btw) was the only solution.

Another (previously stated) problem is mulitple M's being able to open the same file simultaneouly, and to save or compile said file. Very bad. Crying or Very sad

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Corrupted Level (?) Reply with quote

Okay, now I am really frustrated. In relation to the post above:

First, some triggers (call them "A") stopped working. After deleting them and retyping, they started working. Note, copying and deleting the old didn't work. I made sure I retyped exactly as they were. Retested level. Other triggers (call them "B") stopped working. "B" triggers have nothing in common with the "A" triggers: different sides/areas/switches.

So, I retyped the "B" triggers. And they now work. But then some of "A" triggers stopped working, and now a few "C" triggers stopped working. Retyped "A" & "C" and now "B" has stopped again.

I changed nothing in these triggers prior to recompile. I only changed/added a few ecoms.

BTW, I reloaded the old editor. Same issues, so it's common at least.

There are 52 triggers (44-side 1, 8-side2), 24 areas, 16 switches, two pvars, 100 scenery, and 15 Unit groups.

Short drive that it is, I'm going crazy.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="crakerz"]Don't know if this is new or not:

If you move any structure or mobile unit, its health goes back to the default (0).

If you move the Bullpup, Raider, or Dominion, its aggression will revert back to default (coward).

Kinda annoying, esp. if you don't know about it! Confused[/quote]

Great bug, thank you. I'll check into it.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crakerz, anything you can give me to diagnose the problem would be a great help. Whatever is causing this we'll certainly want to get fixed before going public. Ideally you could give me a .ld you know doesn't work, and tell me how I would know it doesn't work in specific detail, and if you have a working copy that does work, send that along too.

scott@spiffcode.com

Thanks.

SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run into a JIT error message in the editor. I am working on a level that had not produced one single error before now, but when I entered 30000 as the initial credit for side 2, I got an error saying something about a System.FormatException and that the index must be higher than or equal to null and lower than the size of the argument list. (I am sorry - the error message is not in English, and what sense there might have been in there is probably lost in translation.)

Setting the initial credit does not cause the problem unless the credit is set to 30000 (29999 and 30001 will both work perfectly). Setting the value to 30000 will work if I set it to something else first, but once I have got the error the level seems to be corrupt and there is nothing I can do to get rid of it. This means, of course that I have to go back to my last backup. Sad

I have tried to recreate the problem in another level, but neither my test-level or an empty level produces the error - so far it only happens in my new level.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting bug! I'll look at the code to try and spot it, and of course if your level reproduces it, please send it to me: scott@spiffcode.com.

Thanks.

Girt
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be late - I took the weekend off...

[quote="SoLan"]That is not new, crakerz. I noticed the problem with buildings reverting to full health on being moved in the previous version as well. I can't understand why I didn't think of reporting that as a bug... Shocked[/quote]

Yes, I thought I noticed that, too.
I didn't report it, because I thought I was delusional.
I was chasing that other bug, and thought I must have loaded an old Saved level.

So, Scott, do Crackerz problems imply we can't bring a beta1 level over to beta2?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: