Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Stuck in Replicator
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Stuck in Replicator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Stuck in Replicator Reply with quote

I don't know if this is a user created level issue, a level editor issue or a game beta issue, but since it happened when I played crakerz's game, I thought I would report it here.

Has anyone else ever got a unit stuck in the Replicator? This happened to me several times today. I was playing "The Crossroads" and the "stuck" thing actually happened to all units near the Replicator, not just the unit in the Replicator. The first time it happened, it was Andy, but other units too got stuck several times. I had to exit the game to "dislodge" the stuck unit from the Replicator and continue the game.

The reason why I think this might not be a user created level issue is that I have a recollection of being stuck in the Replicator before, although I am not sure about this. Has anyone else experienced this?

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time I had a huge amount of units going into a replicator, and whenever they came out i told them to go in again. What I eventually got was two circular queues. Nobody moved. It was hilarious.

Is this what you mean?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that is not what I mean. I have had the problem with the queue happen several times, and I am aware of that. This was something else. One unit going into the Replicator would stop "in the middle" and would not move either on through the Replicator or back out of it. The other units I mentioned were just "in the vicinity" of the Replicator, not in a queue.
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a bug.[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that problem too. Crackerz is on top of it, though, and said it appears to be a bug. When it happens, try exiting the game and going back in. He said that should provide a temporary fix.
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipEarl wrote:
I had that problem too. Crackerz is on top of it, though, and said it appears to be a bug. When it happens, try exiting the game and going back in. He said that should provide a temporary fix.

Like I said: Wink

SoLan wrote:
I had to exit the game to "dislodge" the stuck unit from the Replicator and continue the game.

Does he think it is a bug in the level or in the game?

PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoLan Wrote:
Quote:
Like I said:
SoLan wrote:
I had to exit the game to "dislodge" the stuck unit from the Replicator and continue the game.

LOL! Sometimes when I read these posts it's early for me, and I'm so bleary-eyed certain parts don't register. Very Happy

Quote:
Does he think it is a bug in the level or in the game?

Here's exacty what he told me:
Quote:
It's a known issue. I've told Scott about it. I think it is related to their path routine and the fact I have a wall dividing the two sides. To quickly unlock a unit, exit the game while in play, and restart. The unit will move. Be careful about selecting a unit on both side of the wall simultaneously and asking them to move - a sure lockup.

Believe it or not, I was stubborn when it happened to me and eventually they moved. Okay, so that's not such a good idea in REAL TIME strategy, but I'm stubborn that way. Sometimes it seemed to help if I selected everyone in the base (EXCEPT those on the other side of the wall) and told them all to move. Sometimes.
Wink
apersson850
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: It got worse Reply with quote

I saw this problem yesterday too.
I didn't think about the idea to exit the game and restart, but just like in one of the previous posts, finally some units did move.

But after a while, when I was messing with trying to get that to work, it got worse. The game crashed. Screen got black, and I had to do a reset to get out of it.
I'm running it on a Garmin iQue.
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still does it in the newest version (v1.1). I guess it didn't get fixed. I may have to scrap that level, or rewrite somehow Crying or Very sad

As I said before, I beleive the problem is in the path-finding engine. Because I have a wall dividing the two side of the replicator, it freaks out, even though a path exisits.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crakerz, I'll take a look at it. The issue with the replicator that we've had is that if a feedback loop occurs (guys who want to come out waiting on guys who want to go in) then it stops until units are moved manually. We placed terrain to make these these paths longer and less likely to form, and considered the scenarios under which the replicator is used to minimize this from occuring. Whatever you do, don't scrap your mission. Send it to me so I can take a look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: