Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Paradise Island v1.1
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Paradise Island v1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Paradise Island v1.1 Reply with quote

With the death of Gordon Fox, ACME has taken over the number 1 mining spot. However there is a new company on the block. Using information sold on the black market by Fox before his death. They have managed to quickly stake a claim in the mining industry.

Andy is dispatched with a small team to put an end to this new company before they can get established.

Author
Keith Nelson

History
>First Release 3/12/04
>Fix minor glitch that created units in mini map area 3/17/04
+Changed objective status when enemy base is destroyed
+Added dialog to the end of the mission

Paradise.pdb
 Description:
With the death of Gordon Fox, ACME has taken over the number 1 mining spot. However there is a new company on the block. Using information sold on the black market by Fox before his death. They have managed to quickly stake a claim in the mining industry.

Download
 Filename:  Paradise.pdb
 Filesize:  8.3 KB
 Downloaded:  32213 Time(s)

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E

Last edited by knelson on Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have done it again. This was another great mission. I only found a few bugs.

Good News:
1.) Very well thought out mission that causes the end user to think outside of the box and use your resources wisely.
2.) I like your storyboarding and the general layout of the mission.
3.) You added some very pesky tricks that will certainly challenge a good player (and I like to think that I'm an above average player).
4.) I don't want to give it away, but I like the way some of the enemy troops were hiding. Very good concept that make the end user think of alternative ways to complete the mission.

Bad News (but very minor):
1.) Once I destroyed the replicator, there is someone/something behind the mini map.
2.) Once I destroyed the replicator and EXOM base, the statistics log did not update with "Completed". It still indicated that I did not complete the task.
3.) Once I destroyed EXOM base, there is a minor glitch in your map layout that does not allow the troops to enter the area to destroy the warehouse and power generator to complete the mission. I did eventually destroy everything, but if you play the game you will see exactly what I mean.

Overall, very good job and I look forward to your next challenge.
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazz3D1,

First, I would like to thank you for you comments. I really look forward to hearing how others feel about my missions good and bad. I welcome all suggestions and ideas to improve the level. It helps me to create even better missions.

I have to give credit to crackerz because I used some of the concepts in my mission from things I got from his mission pack The Cyanide Campaign.

I think I know what the problem is. The replicator is creating enemy forces and one of the units is a bullup. Since the bullup doesn't have any offensive weapons it can't attack and just sits there. I have replaced this unit.

I have updated the objective status and added some dialog at the end of the mission. In my haste to post this mission I had overlooked that piece.

I know about the glitch in the map layout. I left it there because you are able to enter the top portion of the base by an alternate route. I thought that it added some additional complications to the mission.

I have mad the change and I am uploading a new version to the forum. Thanks again.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
manez
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Message to the creator Reply with quote

Please E-mail me, I´ve something to ask you...

pliniopmorita@pop.com.br

Thanks

Plinio
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please E-mail me, I´ve something to ask you...

You have posted this same message all over this forum. Why can't you simply post your question?

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another long overdue review! This is probably my favorite of your missions, mostly because of the layout. The layout of this mission was superbly planned, and kept me running all over the map, while at the same time isolating those forces and leaving them vulnerable. It really encouraged exploration to find EVERY LAST BIT of galaxite!

I also appreciate any mission that gives me an excuse to build eagles, as those are becoming my favorite overal unit! (Okay, they're not much in an armored fight, but I like to think that I can get OUT of trouble just as fast as I got INTO trouble!)

Very Happy
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipEarl, I have tried to add somethng different in every new mission I created. When I first started I didn't pay a lot of attention to the terrain. But after playing some of the other user created mission and seeing how well they created their maps. It kind of inspired me.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
KHY
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job! Takes a few runs to beat. Having multiple Fox is tough but fun to play.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I think a great mission should require multiple attempts before completing.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: