Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Mission crash
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mission crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
major tom
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Mission crash Reply with quote

Ok. I made a mission pack called the Titan now with the acception of a few spelling errors the first mission is fine, but the second one always crashes the app on my iPod so I can't play it. I want to know weather it's just my iPod or weather it's the mission. And if it's the mission how can I fix it so that it's playable.
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you have too many mission loaded triggers. or anything that's excessive on your map that would use too much memory on an iPod.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can u give a description of triggers?
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: 1000% Replicator health Reply with quote

galm wrote:
Can u give a description of triggers?
I believe that this is the map major tom is referring to. Correct me if I'm wrong.

www.warfareincorporated.com/xyzzy/viewtopic.php?t=3730

Overall, this looks like a well put together mission. The only faulty thing that I can see is that the Replicator has 1000% health. Since Replicators are very fragile, this may be causing your map to glitch out. To fix this, delete the current Replicator, replace it with a new Replicator in its place, and do not touch the health. This will set the Replicator back to normal.

Also, if you think that the computer (Side4) will replicate its units, it will not. Recall that computers don't have a brain. Additionally, I'm also unsure why you have sideNeutral allying with AllSides, but not the other way around. Since Neutral has no units other than the Replicator, that trigger is unnecessary. You may want to try allying AllSides to sideNeutral instead (and yes, it does matter). To improve your mapping skills further, you don't need to have End Mission Triggers for computers. The trigger will not correspond with the human side, and you may end up with a dead computer and a live human in a worst case scenario. Finally, the Preserve trigger Action is not needed for stand-alone ally triggers, with stand-alone meaning that there are no other actions or conditions that would require preservation. Preserving an ally trigger won't harm or effect the map, but it's just extra work that is inessential.

Happy mapping!

Nate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: