Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Admins, please reply
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Admins, please reply

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Diggles
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Admins, please reply Reply with quote

Will you be addressing any enhancement requests? We have not heard anything from you in a while regarding any update to this game.

An important update is to make WI compatible with iOS 4.3. What is the latest news on this?

At least let us know if you will not be updating this game, or when we can expect an update.

I think the biggest update the WI community is hoping for would be enhanced graphics / new units / sequel. This would ultimately breath life into this game and bring in a bunch of new users for online play.

If you are, or have already, considering abandoning this game, would you then consider selling/passing it on to a another group of devs that will make
the updates and keep the game alive?

EDIT:
When I say compatible with iOS 4.3 I mean the issue where add-on maps disappear on every app start up

Last edited by Dr. Diggles on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott would not have the time to bring us such huge updates (new graphics/units), considering how he has an actual job that requires most of his time. I also doubt that Scott even has his old team, so it would be awfully hard for one man to do all the work. He's also been working on the game for over 2 years and he's also stated that Warfare Incorporated was nothing more than a hobby. He didn't intend the game to support him for the rest of his life. You should also be thankful that multiplayer is STILL up. To have so many players online, Scott would need to have a specially designed computer for servers and, I believe, he is renting one for Warfare Inc.

And for those people who are asking Scott to sell the game to someone else: that would probably not happen for quite a while. For someone to buy the rights to a game, the game must have potential to bring in revenue (and I think we all know that this game brings in just enough money for Scott to buy lunch with).

We also know the consumer mentality: more more more. A single update will only keep us occupied for so long. Then, after it gets boring, we ask for more. (remember the multiplayer update?) I'm sorry, but Scott can't devote his entire life to this game because of reasons stated in this post.

My advice would be to wait until Scott decides to do something with this game because I am pretty sure he's spending time with his family and working on projects for his company. If he has the time to update, I'm pretty sure he will inform us in a post. A game can't be supported forever: even look at Starcraft. The team at Blizzard is spending their hours updating Starcraft II while only keeping the servers up for Starcraft I because of its community.

Dr. Diggles
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Trin. I'm well aware, and I'm sure most ppl are, that Scott is very busy and does not have a team. I'm a developer working 40 hours a week and I don't have time to work on side projects either.

I'm just hoping for a reply regarding the current/future state of the game. You can't assume that a sequel would not generate decent revenue, as the app store is booming now. It's all about marketing and a hooking the target consumers with what they want. The WI community, current and old, would most likely fully support an overhaul. The issue lies in getting the devs together and acquiring investment resources.

But the goal of my topic was to solicit feedback from Scott, or other "higher ups", regarding whether the plan is to abandon future work on the game, or if they plan a future release.

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if we gave scottlu the cash he might try harder then what he's doing.

I'm fine with the game the way. But I would also like scottlu post on all the request just to show he does look at them doesn't mean I would like him to put them all into motion but feels good for the creator to Notice the requestS.

Long live the CREATOR.

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Diggles wrote:
Thanks for your reply Trin. I'm well aware, and I'm sure most ppl are, that Scott is very busy and does not have a team. I'm a developer working 40 hours a week and I don't have time to work on side projects either.

I'm just hoping for a reply regarding the current/future state of the game. You can't assume that a sequel would not generate decent revenue, as the app store is booming now. It's all about marketing and a hooking the target consumers with what they want. The WI community, current and old, would most likely fully support an overhaul. The issue lies in getting the devs together and acquiring investment resources.

But the goal of my topic was to solicit feedback from Scott, or other "higher ups", regarding whether the plan is to abandon future work on the game, or if they plan a future release.
You do know that the real time strategy genre targets only a select few on the appstore. From my personal experience, many people don't appreciate RTS games because of their complexity and strategic nature. There is potential for a WI sequel, yes, but its community base will be so limited. Also, the WI community only constitutes like 40 people out of all the iDevice owners in the world, and I don't think anyone would seriously consider a sequel just to appease this select few.
Dr. Diggles
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trineroks wrote:
Dr. Diggles wrote:

You do know that the real time strategy genre targets only a select few on the appstore. From my personal experience, many people don't appreciate RTS games because of their complexity and strategic nature. There is potential for a WI sequel, yes, but its community base will be so limited. Also, the WI community only constitutes like 40 people out of all the iDevice owners in the world, and I don't think anyone would seriously consider a sequel just to appease this select few.

Good points. You hit the nail on the head, sadly but true the community is low on ppl for idevices. I got ahead of myself with hopeful thinking. Confused

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol we have no good way to advertise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: