Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - New World Campaign COMPLETE
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New World Campaign COMPLETE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficulty is always an issue for me... I tend to go too easy, not too hard. About the surveillence center thing, I thing I'll up the time some so at least you can get past the first two bases. I've been thinking of getting rid of Andy, too... he makes things too easy and confusing for the storyline. The army movement thing, I'll work on too. This was actually one of the hardest levels to make because it took so many triggers.

Once I finish the campaign, I'll make v 2.0's for everything. Look for those changes then.
Bodisia
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far your series of missions is top notch!! Very Happy However mission 7 freezes my palm at mission load Crying or Very sad , and mission 6 is relentless and could possibly be eased up a bit. It's way too hard Evil or Very Mad , for me anyway.

Keep up the good work!! Very Happy
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just played those two levels last night myself. Broadswords come in far too early in mission six, and the level crashes on me too at an ecom in the seventh level. I'll get around to changing that sometime.
Bodisia
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=red]I finally managed to beat level 6!!! That was tough!! You must move fast and sell almost all available buildings, only keeping HQ, Galaxite Processor, R&D & VTS. With a little luck you will be able to build an army that can toe to toe with all of the attacks that you will recieve. Once you are established you must make some corporate raiders and head south, taking over the entire base to the south. The level never actually ended, but everything was destroyed and i had my army at the max. The red team contined to spawn over and over from the location found in the SW corner. Great level, very challenging!!! My suggestion would be to not start the level with any bullops, instead just slow down the speed at which the enemy's attack from either side. That way people will have a chance to get somewhat established before the gong show begins......
Bodisia
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally managed to beat level 6!!! That was tough!! You must move fast and sell almost all available buildings, only keeping HQ, Galaxite Processor, R&D & VTS. With a little luck you will be able to build an army that can toe to toe with all of the attacks that you will recieve. Once you are established you must make some corporate raiders and head south, taking over the entire base to the south. The level never actually ended, but everything was destroyed and i had my army at the max. The red team contined to spawn over and over from the location found in the SW corner. Great level, very challenging!!! My suggestion would be to not start the level with any bullops, instead just slow down the speed at which the enemy's attack from either side. That way people will have a chance to get somewhat established before the gong show begins......
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a sense of deja vu here...

Don't worry. I've accidentally repeated a reply before too. Embarassed
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. For level six, did you wait a full hour? That's one of the victory conditions. The other, I think, is actually to kill every red unit at one time, not just the buildings. I decided that all buildings were incredibly vulnerable, and too easy later on, and I must have forgotten to change the text talking about that.

One last thing. Did the Qush pirates thing work? DId it even trigger?
Bodisia
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pirates trigger never worked, i had units on both pressure pads and they just kept commin'. Same goes for the red team, i destroyed every single building (except my own) and they also kept comming. Here is an interesting note for ya, the pirates come in a group and spawn non stop when that group is destroyed. However, there is a HRC on the far east side that, if destroyed will cause the pirates to spawn twice as fast from both sensor pads. If you just leave that building alone then you only have to deal with one group of Omni and one group of pirates at a time. I did not wait an hour, like i said the mission never really ended but i had full control of the land, until i ran out of money Mad

Cheers!!
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... very weird. I'm new with most of the triggers I used in 6 and 7, and don't understand them very well. The pirates spawning twice as fast... I have absolutely no idea!
Bodisia
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey UGMC, why don't you drop me an email so we can put our heads together and exchange mission ideas. you can reach me at bodisia69@hotmail.com. Look forward to hearing from ya... Smile
Tooks
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGMC,
I have played and beaten missions 1 through 5...
but mission 6 is either too hard or impossible!
Interesting concept, yet i find it too difficult, as you can hold on until the galaxite in the area ends, but then u have nowhere to go..
A bug: once i am dead, their is no trigger to say i failed... it just keeps going on.

good set of missions overall
BSlickOH
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing with mission 6 today, and decided that it wasn't winnable. I have been enjoying the mission pack so far, although it doesn't automatically trigger the next mission upon successful completion.

It took me a little while to figure out, but I can get established without too much difficulty, and one time even set up a second base in the north for mining ease. Discovered the pad before I got the ecom telling me what it was for. So, I set a unit on it, and went on about my business. Next thing I know, I'm getting the messages about the pirates, and my northern base is instantly being destroyed. Seems I had built on the spawn zone, so they just appeared and went nuts. So I tried again, setting up the northern base in a different place. Same effect. They must be spawning right on top of the pad. The vehicle that I placed there is toast almost instantly, and you just can't build vehicles fast enough to combat them. I haven't tried towers yet, but that would ultimately be a futile exercise in time vs. money, I think.

One bug is that you don't seem to have a failed mission trigger. They completely destroyed me, but the game kept going. I decided to let it play out as long as it wanted to. I watched wave after wave of pirates eventually destroy every red building I could see, and even some I couldn't. Then the pirate waves would always gravitate over to where the red vehicles were constantly spawning. The pirates could handle about two waves of red guys before being destroyed, and then a new wave would come down and try again. So, the game basically stalemated. I did, however, get ecoms at 1 hour, and the objectives indicated that I was successful. But the game still didn't end.

Oh, I seem to recall seeing an ecom saying something to the effect of the pirates wouldn't be coming anymore, but they still did. This might have been at the 1-hr mark.

I personally don't like the "enemies spawn forever" concepts that appear in these 3rd-party missions. At some point, the spawning needs to stop. I have resource limitations, so should the enemy. Particularly pirates. Set 'em up with huge budgets and 400 construction buildings, but their resources should still be finite.

Heh, my posts always sound so negative. I really do enjoy these missions. Good work! I'm looking forward to the remainder of the storyline.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've heard of a lot of bugs in missions 6. I used a lot of new triggers in that level, so it may take me a while to sort everything out. As I said, mission 6 is still beta. I'll check it out once I release my last level (hopefully today or tomorrow.)
BSlickOH
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried mission 7, and I'm getting a total freeze shortly into the mission. It has occured twice in row immediately following the message that tells me I won't be able to make anymore Dominions. Had to do a hard reset of my Clie both times.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Mission 7 freezes up on my HP Ipaq 2215, along with the mission nine I am about to release. I don't know what triggers it; maybe it's just all the sides doing stuff at once. I think I'll ask a question about that in the mission authoring forums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: