Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - My look on leaderboard inflamement
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

My look on leaderboard inflamement
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloud
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way, Scott. People are using 1 v 3 maps as way to get high on the leaderboard without having to worry about losing as much. That's what is bothering people. We can't play them in "A real game" because they play only maps that ensure they will win. Now I know STUD plays 1 v 3 maps and plays on the 1 side sometimes, but he wins most of the time because he knows the maps from being the only types of maps he plays. I'm not sure what the community wants done with the 1 v 3 maps but I'm sure they all agree that in a sense they are being abused to get to the top of the lb with little to no effort involved, as opposed to the original way of working your butt off to get there.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can use a 3v1 map to get to the top without worrying about losing as much, then something is wrong with them. In other words if you don't lose as much because it is a 3v1 map, then you should be awarded fewer points when you win, or subtract more points when you lose.
Da Dealer
Chat Mod Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be so much simpler if it could be made so no Points are registered but nate told me it was impossible and

@enzo but you noticed how on the ones that were "cat n mouse" that he never used the 1 cyan because on those (also gen door which cyan has absolutley no chance) the 1 player has about a 2% success rate but on killermart and big blue its alittle more even

Former #1 player
Chat mod
Started in 09'
STUDmuffin
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw if u think I lose very little points when I lose then ur absolutely wrong. I lose at least 20 points with a lost. So your points assetment is completely off base. Try losing with a high account and see 4 yourself.

This is an old topic that just gets recycled by the same individuals that don't even make up the majority who play this game. Let the players decide if they want to join and play a map that is 3v1. No one is forcing anyone to play this kind of map.

This topic is so old news and is a bore. Just play the game and stop with the whining.

Smile
Da Dealer
Chat Mod Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thats because the majority dont use forums or focus on the lb that much, its obvious that you do as do i so im trying to see what we can do about a flaw in the system and also........20 is nothing at a rate that high i fall 20 and im 1960 so its not as extreme you should fall 40 or more as i did when i was 2170
Former #1 player
Chat mod
Started in 09'
Enzo007
Chatroom Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Dealer wrote:
It would be so much simpler if it could be made so no Points are registered but nate told me it was impossible and

@enzo but you noticed how on the ones that were "cat n mouse" that he never used the 1 cyan because on those (also gen door which cyan has absolutley no chance) the 1 player has about a 2% success rate but on killermart and big blue its alittle more even

Your exactly right. The concern is not about 3v1 maps in general, it's more about the 3v1 maps that seem to be more favored to 1 side than the other. For example, in the map "tysons cat and mouse desert remix" you will see that Stud won 23/23 games, and never played as the 1. That alone should raise some eyebrows. Stud seems to be avoiding the 1 on that map for a reason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: