Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Suggestions for Getting Activity
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Suggestions for Getting Activity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for Getting Activity Reply with quote

Here's some ideas to bring some activity (forums and game). What do you guys think about them? Replies with pros and cons about each ideas are not only welcomed but encouraged.
I may post more ideas as they come to me. Also, if you have an idea to add, post it!!!

To Admins

Facebook Twitter Google+
Please make a fan page for each of these social networking websites. Posting on them regularly will add to the amount of times WI is seen by people. I have no doubt wi members will repost stuff to promote the wi fan page which will in turn promote wi.

Be Active
Members don't always make posts and get on the game. It takes effort from the admin to get people active and keep them active. This game needs active and dedicated forum admins as well as active and dedicated chatroom moderators.

Ads
I don't know what WI's funds are, but if its affordable, ads will do wi good. People pay attention to ads. A lot of the popular appstore games had and have ads.

Mess PM/Email
I know this version of forum should support sending an email to all registered users (I'm not sure if it can send a mass pm to all registered users). What about sending a mass email (or pm if its possible, pm would probably be better) to all registered users reminding them that WI still exists and would gladly have them come and hang around when they have spare gaming time.

Other Games
How about a forum category for other games (right now other games fall under the off topic section). Players from other games may join the wi community to talk about the other games.

To Players

Word and Mouth
Please tell all your friends about WI when you can.

Forum Signatures
People read forum member's signatures. If you use forums other than the WI forums, I encourage you to promote WI in your signature with a link to WI in the appstore and WI's forums.

ProfilePics/Avatars
Games, forums, social networking sites, and other internet things have avatars. I suggest that you change your image to something that advertises WI.

Social Networking
I'm sure many of us have a facebook or another social networking site, post about WI for all your friends to see and ask your friends to repost it. If the admins make a fan page for wi on your social networking site, join it or like it (or what ever) and repost things that are posted on it.

PMs
PM your old friends you meet on this game that are not longer active. Request to them to be more active.

This is related to the forums. Make posts guys! If we can get several members posting (useful posts that do not break forum rules) crazy, they will bounce off of each other causing forum discussion and forum discussion gets more people which gets even more discussion.

Be Active
The more players that are active the more likely other players will want to be active.

Master_Chief
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a new player to the game don't just destroy that player every game but do something to help that player be better instead of making them feel bad and making them dislike WI. Please post your ideas on helping new players get better and not delete WI because they lose every game.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Chief wrote:
If there is a new player to the game don't just destroy that player every game but do something to help that player be better instead of making them feel bad and making them dislike WI. Please post your ideas on helping new players get better and not delete WI because they lose every game.
Yeah, I know a lot of people who give up and delete WI after losing a game.
A lot of times its hard to tell who is new. A bad base normally indicates a player is new or could use help but you normally don't see their base till you have an army and by then they see it and resign.

One thing this game has lost a little is people helping people. I never see people teaching other people tips and tricks and secrets to maps anymore.

Yoshiya
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ideas N. Some additional ones to add to the list include

Game enhancements such as opensourcing the game

Additional operating system support such as pc and android

iBlairBear
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, these are some great ideas, N. They're simply and easy things to do to promote WI
Yoshiya
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enhancements forums would also draw players
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iBlairBear wrote:
Yeah, these are some great ideas, N.
Thanks.

Yoshiya wrote:
Enhancements forums would also draw players
What do you mean by 'Enhancement Forums'?
Yoshiya
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enhancments to the forums*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: