Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Replicating Unit's Aggressiveness
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Replicating Unit's Aggressiveness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Replicating Unit's Aggressiveness Reply with quote

When you replicate a unit with modified aggressiveness, the unit that comes out on the left side of the replicator is the same but the one that comes out of the right side of the replicator has the default aggressiveness.
I have a map with pacifist Andys and a replicator. When someone replicates, 1/2 of their andy army is auto shoot (defender) and 1/2 is pacifist rather than having 2/2 pacifist.
When a replicator replicates a unit, the replicated unit has the same health (I noticed if you replicate a bullpup that is full of galaxite, both of the bullpup that come out of the replicator have no galaxite) so why won't is replicate unit's aggressiveness? Its messing up my map Confused

trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You remind me of our old mapping community, back when we'd find neat little tricks and glitches Smile. Nice find.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trineroks wrote:
You remind me of our old mapping community, back when we'd find neat little tricks and glitches Smile. Nice find.
Thanks.
I wonder how many little things like this haven't been found.

Last edited by N104 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I initially believed that the unit that comes out of the left side of the replicator is the original unit that got replicated in the first place, and the unit on the right side is the "default instance" of the replicated unit (default instance being units that are constructed from base buildings, which all have the "defender" attribute) save for possibly a modified health value which is dependent on the original unit's health.

But if that theory holds, the Bullpup that comes out on the left side of the replicator should retain the galaxite and the one on the right shouldn't. However, they BOTH lack cargo. Unless the replicator explicitly calls for a reset in the galaxite cargo value, which doesn't make sense.

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trineroks wrote:
Well, I initially believed that the unit that comes out of the left side of the replicator is the original unit that got replicated in the first place, and the unit on the right side is the "default instance" of the replicated unit (default instance being units that are constructed from base buildings, which all have the "defender" attribute) save for possibly a modified health value which is dependent on the original unit's health.

But if that theory holds, the Bullpup that comes out on the left side of the replicator should retain the galaxite and the one on the right shouldn't. However, they BOTH lack cargo. Unless the replicator explicitly calls for a reset in the galaxite cargo value, which doesn't make sense.
Maybe it's true that the left is the original and the right is the copy but perhaps Scott programmed it to remove galaxite in a bullpup when it's replicated to prevent players from replicating bullpup and having a bullpup factory.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed something else:
When you replicate, if you look in the mni map, after the unit has replicated into two but before it has come out of the replicator, the one on the left is the color you are (if your blue, in the mini map you see a blue dot on the left side of the replicator) but the one on the right is clear. I mean if your on a grassy map, the one on the right is a green dot in the mnin map. On desert maps its a brown dot. Then as soon as they both come out of the replicator, in the mini map, the one on the right becomes a dot of the color you are.

Yoshiya
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm unique i wonder why it shows up clear scott probably has it so you cant make money by replicating...
coinwei
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: safsdgsdfg Reply with quote

bullpup that is full of galaxite, both of the bullpup that come out of the replicator have no galaxite) so why won't is replicate unit's aggressiveness? Its messing up my mapcheap fifa 15 coins
fifa 15 ps3 coins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: