Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Why I Think WI is Dieing and how to Stop it
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Why I Think WI is Dieing and how to Stop it
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Why I Think WI is Dieing and how to Stop it Reply with quote

WI will die when most players give up on it.
I’m serious, the reason why the WI community is dead and the game is close to dieing (with 5 players on at the max during the day and 10 max at night) is because most players have given up.

Most players will give up on WI when they believe it’s dead.
Most players have already decided the game is dead, so they give up. Because they have given up, the game is dieing.

We are the players, and we hold WI’s future.
Alright guys, stop blaming WI going downhill on Scottlu and Spiffcode Inc. People keep saying how updating WI, open sourcing it, and porting it to other platforms will save the game and complaining Scott does nothing (even though Scott doesn’t appear to be doing much, please remember he still pays the bills to keep WI running). I admit, those things will help, but its not the only way! We players can’t do anything to get the game updated, open sourced, or ported to other platforms, but we can control the average player count on the game server and how active the community is! We can do that by being on the game, posting, putting effort into WI expecting to get nothing from it, doing things for WI even if they look in vain, and getting our butts off other games! I know you are all busy, but I’ve noticed many of you have time for other games but not WI…

We can choose to save WI, or choose let it die.
That’s true, to a degree. We can’t choose to keep WI running if Scott were to stop paying the bills, but what I mean, is that when a player says, “WI is gonna die” and does nothing to prevent it, that player just made what they said more likely to happen. But, if a player says, “WI is gonna die”, and attempts to do something about it, and continues trying to do something no matter what happens, they have just helped WI keep going a little longer.

We need to start doing things! The more people that forget about WI’s inactivity, and give to the community no matter the game’s state, the more active the game will actually become. So come on guys, help to save the game! You can do it by forgetting that you have ‘given up’ on WI, by forgetting the game is almost dead, not thinking nothing you can do will help WI, and actually getting out and doing something! If anyone want's suggestions on what to do to help WI, I have a nice long list of things that I believe will help WI, and that can be done by mostly by players (some may need admins). I've been attempting to do them and will continue attempting to do, until they happen, someone bring up a good reason why one or more of the ideas shouldn't be done, or unti the game is dead and everyone has given up (but the game won't die if you help) PM me (or contact me any way) if you'd like to see the list and help out with some of it.
You can start by helping to make the forums more active and reply to this topic with your thoughts and opinions!!

WI will die when most players give up on it. Most players will give up on WI when they believe it’s dead. We are the players, and we hold WI’s future. We can choose to save WI, or let it die. As a WI member, what do you choose…

Please remember that this whole post is only my opinion. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you.

Nazmessup
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: SAVING WI Reply with quote

WI is a great game and also a great place to be i also belive that we should do our best to save WI for a free game i is one of the best games i've ever played in my days of apps i wish there was more people that thought this way.
sidekick
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warfare incoporated Is the best app in the world. Why is this app not having 30 people on each night. Its because people gave up on warfare incorporated. I know that a lot of players are not very active but please try to be on at a certain date that I will post later to show how many people are out there.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of just one date, everyone could try to get on at the same time once a week. See how many players we can get per week and try to break last week's record Smile

sidekick wrote:
Why is this app not having 30 people on each night.
We should have 30 in the slow times not the busy times.

sidekick wrote:
ts because people gave up on warfare incorporated.
Correct! And we need to change that!

sidekick wrote:
I know that a lot of players are not very active
We need to get them active and get new players! I know some players are inactive because of school and work, which is okay, but it greatly annoys me when players are inactive because of 'better' games.
Chris123
Semi-frequent Poster

Location: The place, as chuck Norris calls it, 1073 hells pit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: If i wanted this game to die Reply with quote

As u all know i played this game a long time if i wanted it to die i wouldve quit long ago so im with u guys
xXJamesXx
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N104!!! wrote:
Remember James: WI will die, when everyone gives up on it. Everyone will give up on WI, when they believe it dead. We are the players. We hold WI's future. We can control what happens! Whether WI dies, or continues!

This Is What N104 Had Told Me During our little chat on iMessage. I totally agree with him that WI is dying because of the fact the players arent as active. Its kinda like the domino effect. As well as most people complaining about how WI is on its last legs but arent doing much to save it, and all you have to do is come on everyonce in awhile not every four years going "oh hey umm remeber me the guy that quit? Yeah I just came by to say hi. Bye Now" *leaves chatroom* Whats the point of that really somebody help me out here. If you quit WI just like that honestly unless you were a really nice person, I dont want to see your name 'round these parts. So instead of complaining why dont we do something about it, like N said, we're the players we have the power LETS MAKE A CHANGE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Officially Joined November 15, 2012 as Iceon16
Other Accounts: EpicFace, Ace7, James16, Iceon16, Serena(Long Story)
sidekick
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are reading this get on at 7:30 pm Friday 9/13/13
I hope to see you there!

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidekick wrote:
If you are reading this get on at 7:30 pm Friday 9/13/13
I hope to see you there!
What timezone?
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXJamesXx wrote:
every four years going "oh hey umm remeber me the guy that quit? Yeah I just came by to say hi. Bye Now" *leaves chatroom* Whats the point of that really somebody help me out here.
Lol those people annoy me. There is no point, they just remember WI, come in, say hi, see new people and don't see anyone they remember, and then they forget WI for another four years.
slimjimninja
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea: find another programmer who could make updates to the game, with Scott's permission.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimjimninja wrote:
Idea: find another programmer who could make updates to the game, with Scott's permission.
Hard to find someone willing to do it.
Mini Rambo
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: WI is dying Reply with quote

Hey N104, I ain't been on recently because I play so many sports and have school to deal with. Warfare is a great RTS game, but the Total War series. This is still an amazing game and hope to see more players but can't see how this problem will be solved unless more players come along.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: WI is dying Reply with quote

Mini Rambo wrote:
but can't see how this problem will be solved unless more players come along.
That's somewhat true. We need to put the word about WI out in the world.
jwy02
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Instagram Reply with quote

Just gave this app a shoutout for my followers

Roman scorpions (current)
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Instagram Reply with quote

jwy02 wrote:
Just gave this app a shoutout for my followers
Instagram followers? Sweet! Everyone go follow jwy's example Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: