Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Anons+Registereds & Keeping The Peace
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Anons+Registereds & Keeping The Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Anons+Registereds & Keeping The Peace Reply with quote

So every so often a really annoying anon comes into main and hangs out. By really annoying I mean like swearing at people and spamming for no reason other than to be a pain. After players see a few of those anons every so often, they start lumping all anons in to one category – BAD. Now we have anonism. Currently, many registered players don’t like anons simple because they are an anon. Not only do they not like anons, some registered are mean to innocent (by that I mean an anon who doesn’t have an account and he/she wants to play and not cause anyone trouble) anons. As a result of being treated unfairly when playing WI, many innocent anons try to stir up problems in the game and chat. So now we have even more annoying anons. To top it all off yet, some registered players will log in as anon and be very annoying in chat to anyone.
So I think you get the picture, registereds hate anons and anons hate registereds.
Now, the innocent anons (that haven’t turned to become annoying anons) don’t play much anymore. The more anons we lose, the more the average player count goes down, them more that goes down the more the game dies.
Most new player probably don’t take the time to make an account right away. They log in as anon to see if they like the game. Well if I was a new player (like I just got WI), and I came in as anon and got the treatment some registered players (and even other anons) are currently giving innocent anons, [sarcasm]I would really wanna keep this app and play more.[/sarcasm]
If we could have peace between registereds and registereds, anons and anons, but especially between anons and registered, we might gain some new players and keep some of the current players more active.
Having the chatroom mods more active would help.

I'd like it if some people post some suggestions about how to keep the peace in the game!

If you read this post, your obligated to reply, say whether you agree or disagree with me, post why you agree or disagree, and, if you have any ideas on how to bring peace, post them!!

If we don't get replies with don't get discussions. If we don't get discussions we get inactive members. If we get inactive members the forums start dieing, so reply Very Happy

Cloud
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the easiest and most efficient way to discontinue these verbal attacks between anons and registered players is simply by having staff come back into the picture. I myself will try to be more active, but I make no promises. I will try to see if I can get my fellow staff members back into action to see what we can do about these chatroom problems.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud wrote:
I think the easiest and most efficient way to discontinue these verbal attacks between anons and registered players is simply by having staff come back into the picture. I myself will try to be more active, but I make no promises. I will try to see if I can get my fellow staff members back into action to see what we can do about these chatroom problems.
Okay thanks. Hope to see you around more.
Chris123
Semi-frequent Poster

Location: The place, as chuck Norris calls it, 1073 hells pit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

Quote:
Now we have anonism

Really? Thats what ur gonna call it?

Anyways i get ur point and agree. I think we should all get along. But N u say u dislike plAying with anons. And u block them all the time. Which makes them mad as well. Just saying[/quote]

Boom!!!!! Minds blown
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Really? Reply with quote

Chris123 wrote:
But N u say u dislike plAying with anons. And u block them all the time. Which makes them mad as well. Just saying
I'm aware of that chris, but as a registered user, I have a right to use the /anon command (I see nothing that revokes that because I'm a mod). You can read about the command here. If anons don't like it that I use /anon, they can make an account and use it. Also theres a lot of things anons get mad about but they need to have self control. I know when I use /anon that anons won't like it, but that doesn't give them the right to let lose their tempers. This is a community where registered players rule and anons dont (they think they do though) and the sooner anons learn that the better off they will be.
Chris, you play for points. 7 or 8 out of every 10 people (on average) in the main room are anon. Now I ask you, how are you suppose to play a game against another registered and get any points when about everyone in the room is an anon?

Chris123
Semi-frequent Poster

Location: The place, as chuck Norris calls it, 1073 hells pit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how will u get points if 7 out of 8 people is a anon?

Good point. I agree they should learn that we rule
[/quote]

Boom!!!!! Minds blown
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris123 wrote:
Quote:
how will u get points if 7 out of 8 people is a anon?

Good point. I agree they should learn that we rule
The doesn't mean we can 'abuse' anons, it just means we have a /anon command and we have the right to use it, and if they don't like it, they can use their account (a lot of anons have accounts but choose not to use them).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: