Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Unlimited Maps in General by N104
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Unlimited Maps in General by N104

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Strategy Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Unlimited Maps in General by N104 Reply with quote

Unlimited Maps in General by N104

The main key to unlimited money maps is speed.

Building a Base
Build as much as you can as fast as you can. Build a power generator and then a VTS. Order an Eagle and build a R&D Center. The Eagle and the R&D Center should finish at the same time. So upgrade your VTS, use the Eagle to defog the map, and build another VTS. Once you have an upgraded VTS, buy a 2-3 Dominions. Deploy the Dominions and build more Power Generators and VTS. Also, order advanced units in a VTS as soon as it finishes building. Buy a few HRC at some point, upgrade them (sell the R&D Center after you upgrade your HRC unless you're planning on using Raiders), and order Rocket Troopers with them. Just keep building VTS, HRC, and Generators whenever you can, even if you don't need them -- you can never have too many VTS and HRC.

The Battle(s)
Sometimes, the first fight in an unlim map can determine the winner -- but not always. Theres another key to unlim maps upon speed, its unit formation. It's not always numbers that win the battle, its the units you use and the formation of your army. Make a your army in the shape of a U (you may need to rotate the side of the U's opening depending on where your opponent's army is located) and try to lure your opponent's army into the U's opening. That way you can shoot at them from three directions. Basically, you try to surround their army from three sides. Once the armies have engaged in battle, you need to pump units into the fight in a steady flow.

Sneak Attacks
If you know what your opponent hasn't defogged yet, you can try to sneak attack their base with some Raiders. No one likes it when they are playing unlim, pumping out units to the battle, and you go around the battle in the fog and then raid their buildings. It's a pain when you get raided, so it's a nice offensive move to raid your opponent. It's normally wise to accompany your Raiders with a few Hydras (the Hydras will help destroy Liberators your opponent may send to destroy your Raiders if they are seen). If you can raid several generators that will really hurt your opponent. It will cause their unit production rate to go down by about a half which will give you an advantage in the battle. By the time they rebuild the generators to increase their unit production rate, you should have won the battle and be heading to their base to destroy it.
You don't have to use raiders. You could sneak attack with Broads, Hydras, or Cyclops, and knock out generators that way. Taking out VTS and HRC help but I've found taking out several generators is more effective.

Chris123
Semi-frequent Poster

Location: The place, as chuck Norris calls it, 1073 hells pit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Maybe i should help Reply with quote

Maybe i should spread some more light since ive played unlims a long time (since ive started) and for te most part N's right but i wouldnt worry about dominions at the start i would start getting advanced men in case ur opponents rush u. only worry about dominions, maybe, after ur almost maxed

Boom!!!!! Minds blown
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found I can build my base and army about 2x faster if I buy dominions than if I don't buy dominions. But thats because I have fast fingers. If you have slow fingers, multiple dominions will be a burden.
Chris, I normally have two vts by the time I buy dominions. So I can buy two dominions with one vts and hydras with the other.

If your opponent rushes you, you can resign under 3 min Twisted Evil

Chris123
Semi-frequent Poster

Location: The place, as chuck Norris calls it, 1073 hells pit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

What's the fun in resigning

Boom!!!!! Minds blown
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Reply with quote

Chris123 wrote:
What's the fun in resigning
If your gonna lose because your opponent rushes you and succeeds, you might as well lose without losing points (if you resign under 3 min).

If you are very fast, you can buy dominions and buy hydras and if your opponent rushes you they will fail. Plus, a lot of unlim maps are big so it takes a while for them to get broads to your base.

It depends how big you want your base. Normally, when I play unlim agianst someone who's 'good', I build as many VTS as I can until I reach my building limit. I can do that much quicker with several dominions. If I'm not planning on building a huge base, I normally doesn't bother with dominions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Strategy Center All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: