Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - drive forward
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

drive forward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doom
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: drive forward Reply with quote

i think the few of us that use the forums (me,n,trineroks,law,galm mainly) need to start driving towards getting this game open source again,

look i know its probably never going to happen, but im sure if we manage to actually contact scott the man himself, and us guys as veteran players (n not included you noob Wink ) can maybe knock some sense into him, and get him to finally get his rear in gear and help the game he once treasured.

Warfare Incorporated Veteran, Most well known player.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey doom.
I agree we need to get open source going, but I don't think there's much we can do that we haven't done already. I've been in contact with scott recently about it. He's aware that the game needs to be open sourced, it takes time and that's something Scott doesn't have an abundance of. The issue is Scott's lack of available time, which is something we can't really do anything about.

LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever win lotto or start making a decent income then this game is something I'd definitely sponsor.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to be learning the coding language this game was made in this year finally, if it isnt open by the time I've learned what I would need I'll help make a press for it. The gameplay of this game is fantastic, a graphical update and a few maybe new units or something would to a lot to make this game popular again.
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anything needs to be updated for the game to become popular again. There are plenty of popular apps that are incredibly simple.

What's needed is advertisements or some sort of exposure. While it's great to talk about these things, it's another matter getting them.

There's little reason for Scott to make the game open-source. If there were qualified programmers lining up to do some work on the game, then that might change things.

Until any of this happens though, we're stuck as a community centred around a programmer's hobby that he seems to have lost active interest in.

If anybody knows anyone willing to buy or invest in WI, please don't hesitate to inform Scott.

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LawrenceA wrote:
If I ever win lotto or start making a decent income then this game is something I'd definitely sponsor.
You play the lotto? lol.

LawrenceA wrote:
I don't think anything needs to be updated for the game to become popular again. There are plenty of popular apps that are incredibly simple.
I agree that there's simple apps, but I disagree that nothing needs to be updated. Yes, I don't think a lot needs to be updated, but it totally needs iOS 7 and iOS 8 support, 640x1136 screen size support, and 326ppi support.

LawrenceA wrote:
What's needed is advertisements or some sort of exposure. While it's great to talk about these things, it's another matter getting them.
Theres not really a cheap and or easy way to do it other than word and mouth. Plus, Scott is anti ads.

LawrenceA wrote:
There's little reason for Scott to make the game open-source. If there were qualified programmers lining up to do some work on the game, then that might change things.
He'll never know what might happen unless he does it.
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N104!!! wrote:
You play the lotto? lol.
No, but chances of winning are still pretty much the same.

You're right; compatibility updates are needed. I can't wait to see the developments made after the open source version is released. Smile

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yeah law you basically said why we need open source. Its the only free way to get the game developed again. Scott is busy so he won't be working on it anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: