Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Help Downloading, newbie
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Help Downloading, newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxq
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Help Downloading, newbie Reply with quote

Sad I'm new here, I have finished the main game but now I would like to download some of the mission games that have been created. Problem is I can't? I try clicking on the download link and it act's like it is trying to download but the I get like a yeild sign and file not found error.

Help?
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Help Downloading, newbie Reply with quote

maxq wrote:
Sad I'm new here, I have finished the main game but now I would like to download some of the mission games that have been created. Problem is I can't? I try clicking on the download link and it act's like it is trying to download but the I get like a yeild sign and file not found error.

Did you try just once or have you tried several times without succeeding? Downloading works for me now, and you may have encountered some kind of server error. If it still isn't working, then maybe you can tell us more about your OS and browser.

maxq
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried several times on different missions and have not succeeded. I have a T/E and am using IE as my browser. Not sure if that helps. I am at work right now but I will be trying again this evening.

Correction- I haven't finished all the main mission games. I completed all of the regular ones but didn't realize I still have the Challenge Missions to complete. Does this matter?

Thanks
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxq wrote:
I've tried several times on different missions and have not succeeded. I have a T/E and am using IE as my browser. Not sure if that helps. I am at work right now but I will be trying again this evening.

Are you running Windows XP with SP2? If what you see when you try to download a mission is a dialog with a shield in it, then that might be a security warning from Windows. Could it be that your security settings are preventing you from downloading the mission packs?

maxq wrote:
Correction- I haven't finished all the main mission games. I completed all of the regular ones but didn't realize I still have the Challenge Missions to complete. Does this matter?

No, that does not matter. You do not have to finish the regular missions to play the user authored missions.

PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you, by chance, on a pre-OS X Macintosh, like me? I found that if I click the download link, my browser (also IE) doesn't know what to do with the file, and I have to click the "Save As" option and save them to my desktop. Even then, it wants to give them the name "download.php" so I have to rename them in the dialog to what the author named them. Any name will actually work, as long as it ends in .pdb.

Try that, then hotsync them to your Tungsten. They'll work.

BTW - I also am on a Tungsten E, so provided you're on a mac, you should be golden! Wink
maxq
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm running Windows 2000 and have not had any problems before when downloading palm software from any site. I will try again this evening when I get home. I did just begin using ad-aware and a new firewall at my home. I'm thinking maybe the firewall isn't letting me do it. Well, thanks guys for the support and helpful information. I will try again tonight.
maxq
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Hey guys, I was able to download a few missions last night! I actually had to use the "Save As" feature and save it in my palm folder on my computer. For some reason none of the files save automatically into the right text. You have to use save as adding the file to your palm folder.

Thanks for the help and encouragement. Can't wait to play these tonight and over the weekend!
adrian
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: ppc Reply with quote

how about if is pocket pc? is it just do the same thing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: