Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - When I download the new missions, they don't open
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

When I download the new missions, they don't open
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: When I download the new missions, they don't open Reply with quote

When I download the files they stay as downloaded files. How do I get them to load on to my pda if they all have the same file name (download.phb)? Help Help
funguy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: When I download the new missions, they don't open Reply with quote

alanbarn wrote:
When I download the files they stay as downloaded files. How do I get them to load on to my pda if they all have the same file name (download.phb)? Help Help

Same thing happens to me. I got Clie TJ-37. Any help would be appreciated. Confused a better explanation of my problem would be ...

I downloaded the pdb file and hotsync'd the pda. I can see those pdb files in the pda, but then they dont get appear in the "Play Challenge Missions" list. Any idea how to get this issue cleared out?
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: When I download the new missions, they don't open Reply with quote

funguy wrote:
I downloaded the pdb file and hotsync'd the pda. I can see those pdb files in the pda, but then they dont get appear in the "Play Challenge Missions" list. Any idea how to get this issue cleared out?

Did you sync the .pdb files to the main memory or to a memory card? They should be in main memory.

alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Downloading missions Reply with quote

I have a sony clie. I used to be able to download missions. When I downloaded them, the name would change from download.pbh to what ever the mission was. Now they stay as download files and I can't run them. Any help??????? Rolling Eyes
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Downloading missions Reply with quote

alanbarn wrote:
I have a sony clie. I used to be able to download missions. When I downloaded them, the name would change from download.pbh to what ever the mission was. Now they stay as download files and I can't run them. Any help??????? Rolling Eyes

I think this has something to do with how your web browser handles the download. I know some people used to have this kind of problem on Macs. What kind of web browser are you using and what is your OS?

alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: To Solan Reply with quote

I'm just using the regular microsoft browser that came with XP. I can download the php files, but they don't turn into anything and I can't get them to go into my pda?
help
alan
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: To Solan Reply with quote

alanbarn wrote:
I'm just using the regular microsoft browser that came with XP. I can download the php files, but they don't turn into anything and I can't get them to go into my pda?
help

I am afraid I don't have any suggestions for you. I have tried to download mission packs in XP using both Internet Explorer and other browsers, and the file names come out just fine (with the .pdb extension). I don't know, but it sounds like maybe there's a setting or program on your system that interferes with the downloads...

alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Thank you Solan Reply with quote

Would it be an imposition for you to send them to me? I have set up a temporary email "Nationalsign@optonline.net". As many as you can would be appreciated. I have os4 so I can't play any multiplayer games.
The email will only be active for 24 hours.

thanks

alan Wink
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Solan Reply with quote

alanbarn wrote:
Would it be an imposition for you to send them to me? I have set up a temporary email "Nationalsign@optonline.net". As many as you can would be appreciated. I have os4 so I can't play any multiplayer games.

There are quite a lot of mission packs out there. Wouldn't it be easier if you made a list of the ones you want and I could send you a few to get you started?

alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: That is very kind of you Reply with quote

1. Out lasting infinity
2. Armagedon
3. Paridise island
4. Path of distruction
5. New world compaign
6. Fruitful garden
7. Black Nova
8. Supply or die
9. Hell's pass
10. The sord of the sun

Did you play MECA and Freebooters yet. That girl really knows how to make games.
alan
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: That is very kind of you Reply with quote

alanbarn wrote:
Did you play MECA and Freebooters yet. That girl really knows how to make games.

No, I have not played these missions. I'll make a note of them, though.

alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Solan Reply with quote

I have a gif file of "earthworm jim" flexing. How do I get it to be in the bi-line like your picture?
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Solan Reply with quote

alanbarn wrote:
I have a gif file of "earthworm jim" flexing. How do I get it to be in the bi-line like your picture?

The image is the avatar from your profile. Edit your profile and use "Upload Avatar from your machine" to add an image.

Napalm
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.handmark.com/warfare/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1293

Check this area of the forum, I couldn't get my zire 32 to work on the missions either, matter of fact I still can't, but I think I've finaly figured it out, I've got the missions dled on my sd card. Confused I'll see about fixing that tonight. But my first problem was like yours the xtension was unreqed by the quickinstall.

From your PC browser change the file(s) .x to the .pdb then it will upload to your pda. If I can get mine to work I'll let you know what I had to do.

I'm new to PDAs, so u'll have to bare with me. Embarassed
alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Napalm Reply with quote

Thank you. I'll try that tonight. Your english teacher should have been drawn and quartered. I figured out "xtension"(extension) and "unreqed"(not required) but what is "missions dled" mean?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: