Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Haunted Mesa
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Haunted Mesa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrarc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Haunted Mesa Reply with quote

My first try at this. Let me know how you like it, and if there are any bugs to be fixed. Shocked

HauntedMesa.pdb
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  HauntedMesa.pdb
 Filesize:  9.89 KB
 Downloaded:  8330 Time(s)

silviaper
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: HM 3.0 Reply with quote

Impossible! (At least for me it is ... Embarassed )
How am I supposed to do it?
thrarc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: How to do it... Reply with quote

Build a base quickly, and don't worry too much about towers. Build up a good mobile force that you can split into two or three groups so that bullpups have some coverage. Also, there is help to be gotten - look first in the southwest for an enemy that can become a friend.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this mission! My favorite feature was the constant sound of battle and screams that kept going on just beyond the fog of war. The layout was really challenging, and the fact that it made me think without overwhelming me with spawned armies. Lotsa replay value here, as there is more than one route to beating this mission, all of them equally difficult. Good job! Some feedback:

Idea When I took over the RC - the objective didn't change to "completed" - and when I took over the HQ I got two mission objective screens, followed by the mission win screen - one, where you told the computer to display mission objectives (which showed the RC objective as incomplete) and the second, where it apparently realized the RC was in my posession, as well. (which showed the RC objective as complete) - you don't really need to display these screens, just let the mission:win trigger do it for you, and maybe include a mission-ending ecom. Wink

Idea Out of curiosity, why is it called Haunted Mesa? I definitely got the "haunted" feeling while playing it, but there was never a reason....

Idea You did such a good job with the layout of this map, it seems a shame that there was never a reason for me to go to the bottom of the map (Although for those who haven't beaten it - it is possible to get there!) - especially since the hq and the rc were facing more towards the top. Maybe moving the rc to the bottom half of the base might help?

Idea Okay, I really wanted to know how the mesa was haunted, and half expected to see cyan "ghosts" storming the base after I took over the RC and HQ - hey, maybe you could expand the mission triggers in the future to include just that - maybe the ghosts could be the free radicals killed in the massacre or the original aliens that built the Replicators. Or, maybe something else. Just a thought....

Overall, I really think this mission took alot of talent to design, and I look forward to seeing what else you come out with! This one's earned a permanent spot on my Zodiac!
silviaper
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done it!
Quite agree with PhillipEarl.
Very good design. Amazing layout.
Liked the “friend” idea very much! Cool
Thanks for your hints (I would never have tried again, without your help Embarassed ).
Looking forward to playing next mission, me too! You’re creating another one, aren’t you?
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silviaper wrote:
Done it!
Quite agree with PhillipEarl.
Very good design. Amazing layout.
Liked the “friend” idea very much! Cool
Thanks for your hints (I would never have tried again, without your help Embarassed ).
Looking forward to playing next mission, me too! You’re creating another one, aren’t you?

Holy crap! I totally missed that "friend" post before playing! Embarassed I'll have to give it a second go!

EDIT: Okay - played a second time, and let me take back what I said about not knowing why it's haunted. I love the "friend" you mentioned, and I wouldn't change a thing in that regard, so ignor anything I said previously about indicating who the ghost was. My bad. Very Happy

Great level! No two plays are the same!
thrarc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Hey! Glad some folks liked it! Always room for improvement, but I'd rather spend my time working on something new (keep an eye out for "Racetrack" and "The Octopus" in the near future). I'd also like some input on multi-player versions of "Haunted Mesa" and upcoming projects. I've never had a chance to play MP as nobody I know owns handhelds Confused but I imagine it's challenging and fun... Thanks again for the comments! Very Happy
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't download the mission. It says it does'nt exist anymore Sad
thrarc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm Rolling Eyes I seem able to download it okay, but let me know if you still can't get it and I'll send it to you. Arrow Mr. Green
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked. im gunna download it now
thrarc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitarist! Love the mini-movie! Laughing What did you make it with? Tried your site link, but it didn't work. Like to check it out. Glad you downloaded Haunted Mesa okay. Have a couple others in the works, but I need to spend less time playing and more time creating or I'll never get them done. Maybe if I skip some chores around the house...yeah! It's so crazy it just might work!! Uh oh...gotta go... Shocked ...think my wife heard me thinking out loud. Evil or Very Mad Icarus forever, brother!! Surprised Aiiieeeeeeeee!!
hook683
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Donno Reply with quote

Quote:

I have absolutly no idea... You should really take it up with a professional.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: