Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - The Cyanide Campaign
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The Cyanide Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipEarl wrote:
With regards to level types, here's a few random thoughts from a frequently clouded mind....

Sorry I didn't comment on this before. I meant to, but then it slipped. Confused

I think the level "labels" you suggest are brilliant. To me it looks like you have described the level types I can see coming very well. Reading the labels I understand right away what kind of play the different level types would offer, and if these labels were used it would allow me to pick levels that I like to play pretty accurately. Smile

An idea for when the number of user submitted missions gets high, would be to sort the level list on the download page according to these categories, but just having the labels on each level is a great help.

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: New Mission Reply with quote

I've uploaded a new file, with a new mission: CZ02: The Invaders. Hope someone will enjoy this one, and comment on it. And if you don't like it, comment anyway! Very Happy

All feedback is welcome. And, before anyone asks, this one is very beatable in hard mode. No special consideration was made for difficulty other than the built in ones.

I do think this one has more replayablity than the first mission, but that's my opinion. For all I know, nobody else plays it more than once!
Pathdoc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else having difficulties downloading this mission? I cannot download it but can all of the others. When I click download, a 24kb file appears to be downloaded but WinZip launches and shows no files in it and I cannot find the download on my hard drive. I have had no problems with any other zip file other than this one.
American Red Cross
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug in Windows, I get this all the time. Try right clicking on the link, then Save Target As..., specify a location, then press Ok. When it's done, you should be able to open the .zip.

Last edited by scottlu on Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Mission Two was H-A-R-D! I loved it! The layout was excellent (especially the invaders' main base perimeter Wink ), with plenty of galaxite to go around. You've really created a force to be reckoned with in the invaders! Was it just me, or were those little Eagles they kept sending at me almost as tough as the commandos?

***A WORD TO THE WISE: heavy tanks are not always the answer!!!! I needed somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty or thirty Eagles during the course of the HOUR of game time it took to win this mission, although I needed quite a few heavy tanks, as well.

I haven't read your spoiler, yet, so I'm not sure how much I might have missed. Overall, though it was even better than the first mission in terms of making me think, and the replayability is superb!

One problem though: the troops on the last mesa guarding the HQ didn't seem to notice as my Cyclopes rolled up and picked them off. Ever been turkey hunting? When you see a line of turkeys, you pick the back ones off first, so the ones in front don't know what's going on... It went something like that. I don't know if that was intentional (ie - they were waiting for my raiders) or not (ie- the map trigger malfunctioned), but I can say that I breathed a huge sigh of relief!

By the way, the ">>Incoming ecom" blurbs in the lower left of the screen before each ecom were a nice touch.
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, PhillipEarl! I really appreciate the comments and feedback Cool

To respond to a few things:

I can't prove it, but I think that the side 4 forces are just a wee bit stronger than the other sides! Case in point: The eagle/fox squads. The fox unit can kill your Andy every time in a head to head.

You are correct in your word to the wise. I always start with eagles!

Using a Cyclops to take out the base force: wow, I didn't think about that one. The units are self-defend, to hold them there until you invade the area. The Cyclops has a longer range, and so doesn't hit that area. I might have to add a trigger for that one. I wouldn't want the finish to be anti-climatic!

RE: the Incoming ecom >>> alert. I wanted to do something new here (I actually went back and added it to Crossroads for this update). It's really kind of simple, and might be useful in concept for other apps:

I created a switch called INCOMING. Before each ecom action, I put:

Set Switch 'INCOMING' On
Wait 3 seconds
ecom blah blah blah

I then have a trigger:

CONDITIONS:
-Comment: INCOMING ECOM
-Switch 'INCOMING' is On
ACTIONS:
-Show alert "Incoming Ecom >"
-Wait 1 seconds
-Show alert "Incoming Ecom >>"
-Wait 1 seconds
-Show alert "Incoming Ecom >>>"
-Wait 1 seconds
-Set Swtich 'INCOMING' Off
-Preserve Triggger

Glad you liked it Very Happy

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that maybe the Replicator Sticking Bug in The Crossroads might be fixed with v1.1, but it wasn't. So, I changed the level slightly: I moved the location of the wall. Now, units still might get stuck in the entry, but it shouldn't be as bad as before. I played it as it is now, and was able to complete the level, albeit a little differently than before.

Thanks for the patience! Very Happy
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crakerz wrote:

[...]
RE: the Incoming ecom >>> alert. I wanted to do something new here (I actually went back and added it to Crossroads for this update). It's really kind of simple, and might be useful in concept for other apps:

I created a switch called INCOMING. Before each ecom action, I put:

Set Switch 'INCOMING' On
Wait 3 seconds
ecom blah blah blah

I then have a trigger:

CONDITIONS:
-Comment: INCOMING ECOM
-Switch 'INCOMING' is On
ACTIONS:
-Show alert "Incoming Ecom >"
-Wait 1 seconds
-Show alert "Incoming Ecom >>"
-Wait 1 seconds
-Show alert "Incoming Ecom >>>"
-Wait 1 seconds
-Set Swtich 'INCOMING' Off
-Preserve Triggger

Glad you liked it Very Happy

I liked it too, nice touch!

fleabag
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Crossroads Reply with quote

that was the most fun I had in ages, must have taken me 3 cumutes from home to work to beat it. Well done!
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the mission! I don't know why, but I just play it over and over again. It also seems like it took a lot of time and effort. Keep up the good work! Very Happy I think there should be a little more galaxite, though. Good job, overall.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this campaign too! (I've had it for a long time, but I guess I haven't played it seriously through until now. Hmm.) So much work put into it! Geez. How much time did it take to make these levels?\

Any chance more levels will be coming out? I don't know, the campaign seems a little incomplete... there was a cliff-hanger at the ending.
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I kept track of how long, I'd probably be too shocked to continue.......

I've been working on some more levels, but I want to complete the set before release, so it will be a little while.

UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you release them before Warfare Incorporated 2 is out! (I'm waiting for them both!)
KHY
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't download the file. Can you check?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: