Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Running off of Memory Stick on Clie
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Running off of Memory Stick on Clie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Running off of Memory Stick on Clie Reply with quote

Just loaded the game on an NX80V, but can't seem to run the game off of the MS card. This is going to be a drag for Clie users who have 8MB on their device.
TennMan
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Do you have a PowerRUN or PiDirect? Reply with quote

If you have either one of these programs you can launch the game easily from MS Laughing. If you don't you could launch it from LauncherX (since it has VFS support). Even without these you should be able to run from MS. Here is a post on PalmInfoCenter from one of the programmers:

"I've run from a card without problems, with no additional software installed (e.g. no PowerRun). You first need to move the files using some utility (Filez perhaps?)"

The files to move are:

Warfare Incorporated.prc
htdata824.pdb (or htdata816.pdb or htdata416.pdb)
htsfx.pdb

scottlu

orol
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Running off of Memory Stick on Clie Reply with quote

[quote="Mark"]Just loaded the game on an NX80V, but can't seem to run the game off of the MS card. This is going to be a drag for Clie users who have 8MB on their device.[/quote]

with Zlauncher it works just fine
cool_and_funky
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad
Where do you move the files to on the MS? I'm having the same problem with my Clie "Incorrect game graphics version or no game graphics installed" when I've synced the files to the MS. I don't really want to mess around with Zlauncher, but if there's somewhere I can bung them with filez and they'll work, that'd do nicely.
Any tips?
TennMan
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know enough about filez, but is there a directory on the MS called "Launcher"? I think that is a default used by many programs. If there is try putting the files there and see what happens. Laughing
cool_and_funky
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where they were installed to during the hotsync, and the error occured then Sad . Just wondering if there's somewhere else they should be other than /launcher to run off the MS.
TennMan
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: HotSync to RAM first! Reply with quote

I think you have to HotSync them to RAM first and THEN move them to the MS using a program like filez. You can't just install them straight to the MS, obviously (as you already know Laughing ) this doesn't work. Try installing them directly to RAM and then move them to the MS. If that doesn't work let us know on the forum and maybe one of the programmers could make a suggestion Very Happy
cool_and_funky
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top banana Very Happy Exclamation .
That did the trick. Installed to RAM, ran it and it worked, transferred Warfare Incorporated.prc, htdata824.pdb, htsfx.pdb to PALM/Launcher/ on the memory stick, tried running from MS and it worked fine. Takes a bit longer to boot up and close down, but means I have an extra 2mb or so in internal RAM free so is fine with me.
Thanks for the tip!
[DT]Brewman
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried the above instructions using Launcher X. I can copy the .prc file to /Launcher but if I copy any of the .pdb files it gives me the "Incorrect game graphics version or no game graphics installed" error. How did you get it working using Launcher X?
TennMan
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Shortcut?!? Reply with quote

You may have to use the shortcuts in LauncherX to make it work. Try this, install to RAM the first time then drag the icon to the memory stick to install on the MS. Then drag the icon again (the icon now has a small ms next to the name), this will create a shortcut. Then try to launch the program from the shortcut. Let us know if this works or not! Surprised
[DT]Brewman
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I can move the .prc file to the /Launcher directory and everything is fine. But If I move any of the .pdb files I get the error. Do I need to put the .pdb files under /PROGRAMS maybe?

Also, something else weird. When I move the .pdb files to the MS, they are renamed to *_pdb.PDB (i.e. htdata824_pdb.PDB). I then rename them to match their original name, but I still get the error.

This has happened with other games I have tried and I just figured it was a limitation with the Palm OS and/or LauncherX. But other people seem to have had success, which is why I'm asking for help.

Anything else you can think of Tenn?
cool_and_funky
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using Filez (freeware) rather than LauncherX to move your files over, as this worked for me. May make no difference, but it's worth a try. Remove the copy of warfare you have on there at the moment, reinstall to RAM, then move the 3 files to /Launcher on the MS. If it still doesn't work, give a soft reset a try and see if this helps.
rweberat
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I run the Game from MS since the first use without any problems. I donīt use Z Launcher or something like this. My device is Sony Clie NX 70V. 1.You have to run the installation programm
2.open the install tool for PALM
3.change the destination to MS
There is only one problem!!! The game doesnīt starts directly from MS so you need approximately 2,2MB free Memory on the CLIE because the programm will be copied to clie and deleted after exit!!!
When you exit the game all programm files automatically be deleted excepted the saved game files.
Very Happy
nomadd
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: using silver screen and running off ms Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was anyway to get the program to work when using silver screen. I was able to get the game to load onto the memory stick and i can play it from memory stick but only after i disengage silverscreen. If I try to play the game from ms while silverscreen is running I get the following error "incorrect game graphics version or no game graphics installed" Is there anyway to correct this problem with out haveing to turn off silverscreen
rjpatrick2
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you running silverscreen 3?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: