Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Saving andy
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Saving andy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerdnwnave2
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Saving andy Reply with quote

Andy, while defending a small base, got captured, and is being held at a concentration camp. Destroy all enemy units, thus saving andy. The Idea for this mission was given to me by a good friend, acela3.

trapped andy!.pdb
 Description:
Andy, while defending a small base, got captured, and is being held at a concentration camp. Destroy all enemy units, thus saving andy. The Idea for this mission was given to me by a good friend, acela3.

Download
 Filename:  trapped andy!.pdb
 Filesize:  7.63 KB
 Downloaded:  14328 Time(s)

joshlerman
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY challenging mission. I haven't completed it yet, and am still trying various strategies....so far I am thinking there is not enough time to beat this one, but I haven't thrown in the towel yet.

Any hints you could give would be appreciated!
aerdnwnave2
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: reply to questrion Reply with quote

I myself have not beaten it. Here is a spoiler. don't read ahead if you don't want to spoil the mission.

You don't have to put a vehicle in the area. find The first omni HQ in the line to andy. build your hq on the lower plateu next to it(on the level where you start). Then build a building by their HQ to raise the alarm. Good Luck!!
aerdnwnave2
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: won!! Reply with quote

Scratch the last message. I won!!!
aerdnwnave2
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mission. I like the challenge of trying to figure out how to stop the timer. In addition, the map layout also made things interesting.

My only suggestions would be to have unit groups deployed to disrupt the mining operation. Once you figure out the challenge of the timer, the mission become very "seek and destroy". Another way to increase the difficulty would be to move the galaxite to an area that would require the end user to stragetically utilize his/her resources (i.e. closer to the enemy). Due to the wealth of galaxite, I just continued to build units without even a worry of running out of resources.

Overall.....great job and I look forward to your next challenge
BSlickOH
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it all the way to Andy once, but then did something stupid that caused him to get killed. Since then, I haven't been able to get anywhere near him.

Possible bug: When I finally get some vehicles into the upper right corner to begin working on the towers, the game slows to a crawl. It does this every single time I play it, without fail. Getting completely out of the game, then going back in seems to clear it up. The slowdown only seems to happen once per game. I've played levels where I've maxed out buildings and vehicles and not experienced this kind of slowdown, so something wrong is definitely happening in this level.

Bug: I get all of the messages twice. The introductory message fires off, then drops me briefly into the map, then decides to run through again. The "you've triggered the alarm" message will play twice also.

Reason I can't get to Andy anymore: I can get to the point in the game where it says I've successfully raised the alarm, so I don't have to worry about the execution party anymore. So I keep going on destroying things. A minute or two later, I get the "Noooooooooooooooo!" message and the game ends. So apparently I did need to worry about the execution party, not that there was much I could do about it anyway.

So far this is a pretty mean nasty level, but I'm enjoying it.
aerdnwnave2
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. I have Beaten Saving Andy Many, Many, times, and once I even left it on for an hour after I stopped the execution party, and it never came. Also: I don't know how to stop the double messages. I have tried everything.
DPIQ
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few tries, I was able to save Andy going through the front door. Then I lost the magic touch and couldn't stop the timer until I tried the (WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD ----------------->)

trick of building on the first rise and capturing the 2nd HQ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: