Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - MECA
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MECA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: MECA Reply with quote

My second mission Smile Hold off the Free Radicals until Jana arrives with reinforcements, then destroy their base! Pretty hard, may take a few tries to survive the first 5 minutes. Anyways, please give me any feedback on how you did/didn't like it and if you find any glitches or bugs. Thanks! Wink

EDITS:

12/16/04: Changed around the level a bit, organized the triggers. Made it a bit harder overall.
12/17/04: Fixed a few bugs in the new version.

MECA.pdb
 Description:
Version 1.1: Survive the Free Radicals long enough for Jana to arrive with reinforcements, then take out their base!

Download
 Filename:  MECA.pdb
 Filesize:  9.66 KB
 Downloaded:  11362 Time(s)

Last edited by A Shadow on Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:59 am; edited 5 times in total
jman
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Trying to get to MECA Reply with quote

I survive the 5 minutes but there never seems to be any reinforcements. How long can I expect to hold out for reinforcements.
A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reinforcements attack from the South of the map. The help you get is that there are less attackers attacking you. I probably should have worded that better Smile
jman
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Arrived at Meca Reply with quote

Great second mission. Finally won. Keep it up. I am looking forward to your next masterpiece.
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: MECA Comments Reply with quote

Good Mission, but there are several bugs.

1.) When I was notified about the reinforcements, the mission took me to the "completed mission" screen, as if the mission was over. Once I hit ok, it took me back to the mission to complete the objective.

2.) Once I complete the actual mission, I saw the complete mission screen, but it did not actually end. You need to add the "end mission" code once all the enemy has been destroyed.

Other than that, I like the mission and look forward to your next challenge.
A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right after reading your post, I tested the mission. Before I tested it, I made sure that the win mission trigger was entered as it should be. Seeing it was, I started the mission. When it says the thing about the reinforcements, I only set the trigger to show the objectives. Look carefully and you will see that it does not say "Mission Accomplished" or "Mission Failed" on it. I can see why it would mistaken for it, though. Smile

I then finished playing the mission, and got to the part where the mission ends. Jana says something (like she was supposed to) but the 2nd objective doesn't change to "Completed" and the win mission trigger does not work. I then checked ME again, and still those unfired triggers were there.

I truthfully don't know why it won't work... considering I have checked and double checked the triggers. I will continue to try and work it out, but as long as you know you won, that's all that matters, right? Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the feedback Wink
alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Mecca rocks Reply with quote

You rock. After finishing freebooters I started on Mecca. My only complaint is when you get out of the left corner, it's just a search and distroy mission with Jenna doing half of it for you. Can you change the program and make Jenna the enemy also? And can you put more natural barriers all over the place? Keep it up.
Al baby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: