Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Freebooters
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Freebooters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Freebooters Reply with quote

This mission is the third mission in my set of missions I have created. The reason I consider it the third and not the fourth is because my mission MECA is not part of the storyline. Eventually, when I have completed them all, I will release them as a mission pack.

On to the mission! Finally the masterminds behind the Free Radicals are revealed. Freebooters! Eliminate them and the Free Radicals from the area, but before that, capture both HQs so we can learn more about what is going on.

Please tell me how you liked it, any suggestions for it, and any bugs or problems you had. Thanks! Smile

Freebooters.pdb
 Description:
Finally the masterminds behind the Free Radicals are revealed. Freebooters! Eliminate them and the Free Radicals from the area, but before that, capture both HQs so we can learn more about what is going on.

Download
 Filename:  Freebooters.pdb
 Filesize:  11.83 KB
 Downloaded:  18473 Time(s)

joshlerman
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mission! Really challenging, especially at the beginning when the enemies come at you from all sides.

My only comment is that with so much galaxite available, it makes it very easy to outlast the enemy towards the end.....

But this was terrific, and I liked the layout as well.
A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile glad to hear it was good. Yes, I made it very difficult, mainly because alot of the unit groups defending the entrances to the base would be rebuilt if they died. Also, since their are two different "players" attacking you, they build faster than if there were only one.

Another reason that I had the enemy attack from all sides was to disrupt mining operations. You have to continuously defend your Bullpups in those areas.

I understand what you are saying about the galaxite... the only problem is I'm afraid if I take too much away it will make it nearly impossible to beat. Confused

Thanks again for the feedback (and compliments) Very Happy It is much appreciated.

Last edited by A Shadow on Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Omega5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked WOW Shocked Shocked Shocked
Looks like you did it again. Nice job. This is my favorite so far. I saw the reply about the galaxite but I think that withe the number of enimies that the galaxite level is only a tiny bit high.
Keep up the good work Wink

A Shadow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Glad to hear so much positive feedback! You're convincing me to speed up the mission I'm working on Smile
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niiiice mission. I haven't had time to play too many missions these past few months, but I'm glad I took the time to play this one. The layout is truly creative and makes for challenging and varied battles. At one point I think I had five seperate battles raging across the map.

It was also impressive how you managed to keep the Free Radicals and the Freebooters producing such large ammounts of troops without their production stalling for lack of galaxite or units waiting for others in their group to emerge. It seemed that as soon as I destroyed the units guarding a base's gate that their replacements were immediately on the way, often arriving before I could bring my cyclops up to take out the towers.

Great job! I can't wait to play your other missions!

I only have a couple things, bugwise, to report:

Arrow The ecom that they have found the first pad always appears twice.

Arrow I sort of forgot my objective of taking over the HQ's, and after destroying everything in my path the mission didn't end... I would suggest (first) that you include an ecom reminding the player that the HQ's are to be taken over that is triggered after one is destroyed, and (second) let the mission end one way or the other once everything is either taken over or destroyed: if the HQ's weren't taken over then that objective would still be incomplete and maybe Olstrom's end ecom is different.

Arrow Contrary to what was already reported, I think the galaxite is pretty good, but may be a little heavy. My suggestion here is to thin out the galaxite (by about half) around the first downed shuttle the player comes across, to the north of the plateau. This makes Olstrom's suggestion of building a base on the plateau make more sense (I found it much easier to just build around the start area - got left alone longer Wink ) That field, along with the southern galaxite field, are the fields the computer never touches, and so is left to the player and unbalances the late game slightly.

Of course, if you decided not to change anything,this level would still rock! Very Happy

EDIT: DOH! Shocked After posting I realized that I'd been playing on easy! (I thought I mowed'em down pretty easily!) Soooo I went back and played on hard. I made sure and captured my HQ's before destroying everything, and the mission ended with a win. Couple of things, though:

Arrow Did you have the Free Radicals produce different unit groups based on difficulty? It seems like I didn't have nearly as much problem out of them on hard, which is odd. In fact, I never saw the first Free Radical Patrol. Shocked They were sure enough making units, judging by the unusual congestion inside their base (we're talking about ALOT of units, here, but not necessarily packed beyond the point of mobility). Once I'd gotten inside their base, I could see them producing unit groups, but they just sat there once produced.

Arrow When the mission ends, the "destroy all enemies" objective still reads incomplete, even though I laid the smack down on them in a big way.

Well, that's it, this time! Great mission!
alanbarn
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: The company should hire you as a programer Reply with quote

I am very impressed by your freebooters. It ranks as one of the best of all the games I have played under this title. Think you could make it harder?????????
TrekCaptUSA
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: I'll try the mission. Reply with quote

I think that I will try the mission. I do believe that I will enjoy it, and play it many times. So, for now, don't change the difficulty until I've tried it. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: