Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Off Topic Forum
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Off Topic Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Off Topic Forum Reply with quote

Hey everyone Wink

There won't be an Off Topic forum. It would take focus away from the true reason we're here, which is warfare.

However, there could be some things that we do need to know, that arent related to warfare... for these things, just make a topic in any forum but say in the title that it's off topic. But don't post anything completely irrelevant to warfare; those posts need to be in some other forums.

Sorry about this. Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Off Topic Forum Reply with quote

Verdagon wrote:
Hey everyone Wink

There won't be an Off Topic forum. It would take focus away from the true reason we're here, which is warfare.

However, there could be some things that we do need to know, that arent related to warfare... for these things, just make a topic in any forum but say in the title that it's off topic. But don't post anything completely irrelevant to warfare; those posts need to be in some other forums.

Sorry about this. Confused

'tis to bad about a new topic forum.

But, why do we even need it? This forum is for warfare only, if you want to talk about off topic stuff, go spam another forum!
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Once we lose focus of warfare, we lose focus of the future. And without the future, all is lost. We must fight the loss of focus, or else it will conquer us all. *Raises fist and shouts at the sky* Thou shalt perish, focuslessness! Thou shalt perish!

Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
P.Kitty
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then maybe adding a part for offtopic-ish posts would be nice, that way the rest of the forum is kept cleaner, but it still feels like a sort-of community
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how adding an Off-Topic forum would make these forums any more complete... it seems that if we do add one, it would make things worse.
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdagon wrote:
I don't see how adding an Off-Topic forum would make these forums any more complete... it seems that if we do add one, it would make things worse.

I agree 100% totally!
P.Kitty
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now, if a person has a question that he/she believes can get help about from someone in the forum, but is not directly related to warfare incorporated, he/she can ask it, but in a part of the forum that will bug ppl if it is seen, especially if they're looking for help. Also, if someone has something to share, such as gmail invites (if you want one pm me), then he/she can 'share the love' by posting about it. or if someone knows of a way to get good discounts for people wishing to buy pda's or computers, he/she can let the forum know about it. And, if it's kept as a seperate part of the forum, if someone wants help with warfare, he/she can get it easily by not going to the 'off-topic' portion
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people are craszy! You heard me crazy!!!! Lol JK an off-topic forum on this forum is a good thing acualy cuz then all the non warfare talk can go there here take a look at these forums. All of em have an off topic forum.

http://pb2.bluewolfwebdesign.co.uk/forum/
http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/forum/

"You dont see me, you dont hear me, but you know im there"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-topic posting is bad. It will make people come here just to discuss other things, not warfare. Eventually, people won't even talk about warfare anymore. I've seen it happen before on other forums, and I bet you it would happen here.
!HUDRA!
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its acualy good. And verd we have this problem already we now use general descusion for off topic too. And off-topic helps because then when u check new posts you can see if its off-topic then its not related to WI if its general discussion then its related to WI. We already have this problem, Verd an off topic forum is not a bad this, it will orgonaze the posts. And people know this forum is for WI so why should they come here just for random talk?

"You dont see me, you dont hear me, but you know im there"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. There are too many off-topic posts in the General Discussion forum. Soon, I'm going to start deleting them.
P.Kitty
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people will come just to talk. but, they can do that already anyway. by adding an off-topic forum it will draw attention TOWARDS WI. since the people comming in will most likely at least take a peek at the regular part. I heavily doubt that people are just looking for forums to talk in, while they could easily use a public chat site. it makes little or no sense to use this forum just for chat, but one room won't kill it, but in fact add to it's trafic and add contribution to the needed posts and cries for help.

btw, taptarget.com/forum has an off-topic too, it works great at keeping everyone as a community because it shows people are willing to communicate with each other, rather then just be there and ignore each other.

Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: PROJECTION Reply with quote

this forum is very badly projected and thats the main reason of discossion,

we have General, Multyplayer, News, Enchantments.

Enchantmenrts is not necessary that post would be in General
General is being used in difrent purpose, this sould be in news.
News is a place we should post what we post in General
Multyplayer is ok.
AND MYFRIEND OFF TOPIC THREAD HAS ANOTHER NAME.....

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil GENERAL THREAD Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://wyvern.site.vu

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
P.Kitty
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sad thing is, I agree. but with no changes on the game any time soon (or ever, maybe...), the only needed parts would be multiplayer and missions (and off-topic/general Laughing)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: