Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Hard one
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hard one
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M8: Hostile Takover
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerunt
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Hard one Reply with quote

Tried like 10 times already... still cant do it... but im not giving up Smile Saving and slowl sneaking all the time. Good interesting map Smile Plz post a walkthru Smile Also, when I take over a building they attack it Sad
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

1. Take four Raiders with you. Sneak down the west side and drop off three of them way over on the left. Jam down to the processing plant at the bottom with Raider #4. For best results, try to capture it with a Bullpup in it (it will become yours). Jam back up to where you left the three Raiders. Take them into the top area where you will see a VTS, a Warehouse, and a Generator. Direct a raider to the Gen and WH, and then the VTS. Go ahead of the guy toward the VTS to defend him until he takes over. Immediately produce some tanks ( I do 2 of each), and then a Bullpup. Either go yourself, or send a tank down right away to protect the Processor, cuz a Raider will try to retake it. With your tanks, build a force that begins to move east. As soon as you can, bring a Raider in to take over the HRC that is just east (and a little south) of the VTS. If you do this all quickly, the rest will be easy. Laughing

kerunt
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try, thanks for the tip Smile
kerunt
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed it thanks to your tip Very Happy, thanks!
dtrotzjr
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite levels, because it is different from the rest, and it isn't an easy level. I start out by moving my one offensive unit around the north and west perimeter so that I can see where the enemy is. Then I took a VTS, a power gen and a galaxite warehouse and built 3 broadswords, and 3 eagles. I took another corp raider further SW to the galaxite processor, and took that. I then used my broadswords to take out any gunner towers. Once I got this far I have established a strong enough foothold to begin taking more ground and moving in closer to the HQ. Be sure to keep at least one corp raider for the HQ once the area is secure move him in.
Idea Tip: Enemy units never visit the NW corner, keep your units there until you are ready to use them.
Idea Tip: Enemy units will stop pursuing you after a while. What I do with the regenerating unit is move in shoot a few times then retreat to let my health regenerate, then move back in for the kill. This is the best way to gain some ground until you get some good units behind you.
Idea Tip: Save Often

-----------------------
Tungsten T2 - w/ 256MB SD Card
http://www.readingplanner.com/palm.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jessi_9783
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

1. Take four Raiders with you. Sneak down the west side and drop off three of them way over on the left. Jam down to the processing plant at the bottom with Raider #4. For best results, try to capture it with a Bullpup in it (it will become yours).

Crakerz, how did you get Andy to capture the processing plant without getting shot by T-29 Broadsword Question I keep getting killed.

Thanks

BobT
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Uggg... Reply with quote

I have tried completing this level at least a dozen times with the hints and strategies posted here and still cannot complete. The raiders are extremely slow and, at times, my crew is unresponsive (I tell them to move one direction and they go another). When I finally get about 6 tanks and Andy is 100% I try going towards the HQ and meet with a lot of resistance, about 15-20 men and 10 tanks. Frustrating...
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Level Spoiler Read At Own Risk Reply with quote

[quote="BobT"]I have tried completing this level at least a dozen times with the hints and strategies posted here and still cannot complete. The raiders are extremely slow and, at times, my crew is unresponsive (I tell them to move one direction and they go another). When I finally get about 6 tanks and Andy is 100% I try going towards the HQ and meet with a lot of resistance, about 15-20 men and 10 tanks. Frustrating...[/quote]

THIS IS A LEVEL SPOILER!

There is a very simple way to beat this level and it only takes about 4 corporate raiders to do it.

1) Use andy to take out any guys hanging out near the NW corner.

2) Take two raiders down the left side side of the map, watch out for patroling units and towers. Use the two raiders to take over the two power generators.

3) Take Andy back up to the raiders you left at the top. Start to move along the top of the map. Resist the urge to take over any buildings. Defend the raiders, keeping them some distance behind andy because you are going to have to play cat and mouse with the enemy units over by the HQ.

4) Use one of your raiders to take over the power generator near the middle top of the map (above the HQ). At this point all the towers are now deactivated and you can simply use andy to kill off all the units protecting the HQ and then send in your raiders.

Try this out and see if you get anywhere Smile Be patient with the enemy, and don't attack when they are grouped together. Be extremely careful with liberators and groups of eagles. They will tear you apart.

Hope this helps.

PS. Using this method you can probably beat the level in under 6 minutes on hard difficulty. I think the best time I am aware of is something around 3 minutes.

BobT
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks claxbane. I completed the level (finally) a couple of hours before your post but, I am going to keep your strategy for the other difficulty levels. Much appreciated.
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BobT"]Thanks claxbane. I completed the level (finally) a couple of hours before your post but, I am going to keep your strategy for the other difficulty levels. Much appreciated.[/quote]

No Problem!

Hope it helps. It turns out there are lots of things in the game where if you know a secret, the level can become easy. Hmmm, wonder if people are interested in spoilers?

jonnor
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: No Andy? Reply with quote

Question Sorry, this is not a valid question, disregard it!!!

It seems that I do not have andy with me at this level, how does this happen? I only have the four raiders...
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replayed this level at the "hard" setting, and used a different stragegy. Is was actually surprisingly easy. I took Andy and two Raiders (two because one might bite the dust) and went east straight across the top edge. I would drop the Raiders off and forage ahead a bit, then go back for them, and so on, until I got close to the HQ. Then it was simply a matter of choosing the moment when nobody was around. Tell the Raiders to overtake the HQ, and engage the tower near the HQ with Andy. The tower should focus on Andy. Even if it locks on to one raider, the other will make it through......all in under ten minutes.
Grandizer
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Hostile Takeover? Reply with quote

Hey, how about taking over their entire encampment? Now that's hostile takeover. That's alot more fun than just sending raiders in to take over the darn HQ. Of course, it took me at least a good 1/2 hour to an hour to do it...

But I had a lot of fun doing it. Look at all that blue... Twisted Evil

[img]http://www.pdaavenue.com/forum/attachment.php?s=c247979ca4026d0da000bffa001f945b&postid=31733[/img]
longroad
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted: wrong thread
ajcross
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AI loves to throw troops while you hold an area, trying to retake it.

Hmm, I've always taken the Power, Storage and Vehicle buildings in the NW and build two T-29 for backup.
Then I take the west side Power plant and Processor with a Bullpup. Be careful fighting the T-33 by the Processor.
Start building some more tanks and a Bullpup.
Then I get the R&D and Human Resources.
With more Raiders, I take the rest of the map. I built eleven extra and got a double promotion.

Using the scout:
He has a range of 5, one further than a rocket. Get in range and plink the enemy.
Vs Infantry: One shot to take these out. Try to string them out so that you can sit still and take them out as they come. Use other units to take out vehicles.
Vs Vehicles: Fire and retreat until you blow them up. Retreating a diagonal spot lets you shot and move without a delay. Using one horizontal or vertical step requires a wait before you shoot. Use two steps to stay out of range and to have no delay when firing.
Vs T-33 Liberator: These will kill if you stay in range. Always use a two step retreat.
Vs Towers: move into its attack range to take the fire, then have your other units attack the tower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M8: Hostile Takover All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: