Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Who did the voices for the game . . . ?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Who did the voices for the game . . . ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceHarddrive
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Who did the voices for the game . . . ? Reply with quote

That includes the screams! I don't know who the person is who does the "More Storage" and "Power Low" . . . voice, but sometimes I play the game just to hear that voice!

~Tim ^_^

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hired local voice talent to do the voices. One guy did all the male voices, one woman did the "computer" voices.
AceHarddrive
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scottlu!

Two actors to do the voicework? His screams seem very "real." I'm surprised that both actors weren't made to scream. In the future I'm certain that women will be fighting alongside the men.
In a real battle, you'd likely hear lots of curses. But I guess that couldn't be put into the game, huh?
Is someone working to try to notify other WI members that the board is back up?
I play AmbrosiaSW.com's Escape Velocity series (PC and Mac. I asked and they said it would NEVER be ported to PDA's. Of course, back when the games were just for Mac's, they said the same thing about porting them to PC's. But they did!). When you select a ship to do something, it's not certain whether you'll hear a man's or a woman's voice . . . or even which accent will be used! While working for the Wild Geese of New Ireland, in battle (in space), you can hear a female voice say (with an Irish accent) "I did it with me eyes closed!" If you've never played any of the Escape Velocity series (Escape Velocity: Classic, Escape Velocity: Override and Escape Velocity: Nova), please try them! Essentially, you can say that EVC (and its successors) is played very much like WI . . . except in space!

C'yas!
~Tim ^_^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: