Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - "Unsigned Application"
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

"Unsigned Application"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlightX
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: "Unsigned Application" Reply with quote

I just got a zodiac for christmas, and purchased warfare inc. I downloaded the game and tried to run it. It reset my system and came back up with a "Unsigned Application" error.

" The application " Warfare Incorporated" is missing the signature required to run on this device."

Anyone had this problem? know what i can do to get it to work. I've deleted/installed it in a couple of different ways with the same result.
PigBenis
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the EXACT same problem. And did the same approach it soudns as you. I uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. So I came here to look for the answer. So I will join you in your quest. (Whats really odd, is we're from the same state, and city. weird)
Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, try running v.1.0, and not 1.0a.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game needs to be "signed" by Tapwave in order to run with "Tapwave enhancements" when running on a Zodiac. Apparently the v1.0a version you've downloaded is not signed. I'm not sure why yet, I'll look into it ASAP (v1.0 is signed btw).
FlightX
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohooo... I found a copy of 1.0 and it works great.. *bows down to heko*
Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.0a uses the tapwave API, 1.0 doesn't. 1.0 wasn't signed anyway - I think signing works on a per-device basis, meaning that each copy has to be specificaly signed for the device you're using - simply, no demos.

Dev's - DO NOT USE TAPWAVE API..., or you won't be able to distribute the demo, and it will get a lot of buyers pissed... v. 1.0 worked fine anyway.
BLOODY
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i got the same problem... where can i find this 1.0 version?

can anyone send it to me??
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signature sucks. can not wait till someone hacks that. Limited DRM is one thing but forcing dev's to "sign" to develope zod specific games just sucks.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be waiting for a helluva long time because the signing process is impossible to duplicate, it uses the RSA public key system, and it's easier to hack their website than to hack the signing system.

*coughmod_ssl_wormcough*
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remove the "requirement" all together. Once the system gets popular (if it gets popular) it will probably take about a week for it to be hacked.

DRM is for programmers not users. it is nothing but a headache for users and false security for programmers.

Nothing more nothing less.

When pirates want to crack a program they will. period.

the way to beat pirates is to make the software good enough at a nice enough price that no one would WANT to pirate it.

you will always have some goobers that will use pirated software. they do not hurt programmers. why ? because people make the EXTREMELY false assumption that if they could not pirate it they would buy it.

What garbage. they pirate it BECAUSE they can not or will not afford to buy it.

I use photoshop. you think I bought it ? you nuts ? wher the hell am I going to get $700 to $900

no way in hell. I purchased a used copy of version 5.5 for $40

I will NEVER pay HUNDREDS of dollars for software. I simply can not justify the expense. so I live off other peoples left overs.

do I want Photoshop 7 ? YES I DO. can I pirate it ? YES I can go find 10 places to download it right now.

will I ? no. I have a moral problem with that and 5.5 works JUST fine.

Chris Taylor
Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMplayer 0.2.7 uses RSA keys, #palmwarez has been trying to crack it for weeks! Xbox uses RSA! It's still not cracked (or is it?)

Banks use RSA... Heh... The only way is to hack the site and get the unsigned version for use with the DAA. But Tapwaves site sucks anyway, buy a 10 dollar Interstellar Flames, and just change teh source code to download spyhunter... etc...

I sure hope that someone cracks it, but it won't spread. The Zodiac community is anti-warez, you and I both know it. People cracked the GP32 - but you could beg for months and wouldnt find the cracked versions ANYWHERE...

Point is - You can crack it, it will be hard, but it won't spread since the community is so frkn anti-warez.
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my point. they gain nothing woth DRM like that. crackers will crack it. simple as that.

Xbox is cracked. instead of changing the games (which they have done just fine) they just change the xbox.

worst case someone will come up with an "update" for the zodiac that allow it to read unsigned games.

I just have a problem with manufacturers and developers controlling what I can do with my property. and MY purchased specific copy of "interstellar flames" and "Warefare Incorporated" are MY PROPERTY.

I do not go for this you bought a "license" crap. I BOUGHT a single copy of the game to be played as I see fit.

Grrr Gonna have to abandon this topic before I get angry and stress out of something that is just not worth it.

Chris Taylor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: