Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - 3rd Tier units (pictures included)
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

3rd Tier units (pictures included)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-33 Lib
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: 3rd Tier units (pictures included) Reply with quote

My idea is for a third tier of units (first being the broadswords, second hydras, liberators, etc).

They would be constructed at the ATC (Advanced Technology Centre)

The ATC would be available for construction from the research centre once both the HRC and VTS are built, for a cost of $3200.

From the ATC several units and buildings can be built and upgrades procured.

SR-99 Hawk

For a cost of $250 this vehicle is basically the same as the eagle but sports a rocket launcher (for this to be viable the eagle's price would have to be reduced to, say, $200. The rockets fire as fast as the Hydra's but with more anti infantry capabilities and less anti-vehicular damage.

G-5 Bullpup B

This bullpup sports a twin barrelled machine gun and moves slightly faster than the original for a cheaper cost ($500). Machine gun power should be enough to take out two rocket troopers before sustaining critical damage (on a busy mining route combined firepower should be enough to deter small raids)

G-78 Gauntlet

This vehicle may not be implementable given that I do not know anything about WI's code. Basically it transforms into a river-spanning bridge. When tap-held four arrows and "transform" will appear. An arrow is selected and when transform is pressed the vehicle will transform in that direction ("transform" will be greyed out until an arrow is pressed).

This may upset map balance so should not be available on every map.
-$1100

Buildings

Radar Station

This building, like a tower, requires sufficient power and a surveillance centre to run. Only one may be constructed for each ATC. It basically has a very large view span and when an enemy unit comes within range a message will appear on the bottom right-hand side of the screen (eg Enemy Unit Detected). Basically its function is to warn of surprise attacks and corporate raider raids.
-$300

Upgrades

Increased Repair Speed

So that greater numbers to units are required to combine efforts and overcome repairing a building (currently two broadswords can just destroy a repairing building, suggested increased repair speed would need about 3-4).
-$5000

Unit Recognition

For example, a Liberator that encounters a Hydra, a Security Guard and a Rocket trooper will presently randomly select a target. With this upgrade, it will move from destroying priority targets (trooper) to guard to hydra (if it survives that long). Mixed armies of units would go for their specialities (the hydras would target enemy vehicles, the liberators infantry and the cyclops towers.)

alfex
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great ideas. LOve the pix of possibilites. Cool

The G-78, Gauntlet is the coolest I think.

Let's hope Scott can do something with these.

Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Actually the entire idea stemmed from the Gauntlet but I didn't want the idea of more VTS units.
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the gauntlet because i hate trying to strategize around the 1-tank-at-a-time river crossings. however i dont liek the upgraded eagle scout and i think your atc looks like doo-doo
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the ATC looks like crud.

Gauntlet image update

To make it bear more resemblance to modern AVLBs.

Units should be able to cross it in twos.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-33 Lib these are awesome ideas!
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AVLB's are freaken sweet btw. and i think there should be a "build time" on them, to get them set up, but they can be un-deployed.

EDIT: And weve been talking about the bullpup upgrade for a while too.

Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the AVLB should be undeployable as well. How about a permanent variant built from the ATC? However it should be a neutral structure so if enemy forces capture it they themselves can either blow up the bridge OR use it to attack the original side that constructed it.
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so lets throw this crazyness out there; for anyone whose played age of [anything] will know that after the baracks and archery ranges and stables you can build a castle. It seems with each step we get closer and closer to it so why not just accept that there should be a new building and it should be a castle type form. maybe with the equivalence of 2 machine guns (the man killer turrets) fire power on them. The castle probably could have the hydra and liberator and the cannon thing, but most likely shouldnt have the eagle scouts or the broadsword (but the broadswords bigger brother the avlb)

also, the original vts can still build broadswords, because some people legitimately use that in their strat.

Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean building 5 bullpups then spamming broadswords everywhere.

They usually don't last long if they don't secure a quick victory but that strategy works on anons very well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: