Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - price of game
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

price of game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

is 30 dollars too much?
yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

JRod
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: price of game Reply with quote

Hey, doesn't 30 bucks seem a little steep for a palm pilot game? I mean it looks really good, but I'd think you'd sell many many more copies if it was like 10 - 15 dollars. I wouldn't buy it for 30, but I'd think about 10 and I don't think I'm the only one either.
suraklin
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$30 will buy any new Game Boy Advance release.
I definately think this game is on-par with those.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance just dropped from $40 to $35.. i know i'm comparing real time strategy to turn based strategy here, but I've also not seen many games with such an impressive presentation for the Palm OS until Warfare Inc. came out.
Sure i think $20-$25 would be more fair, but I bought it anyway.
I think Warfare Inc sets a milestone in PDA gaming that will raise my expectations on which I will base the worth of games henceforth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Typhoon
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the price is too much just because the game is short. It's a great game but I think it needs 5-10 more levels for the price.

Typhoon
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$30 is cheap for what you get. Heck, many of the "productivity" apps goes for at least $30, many for $40 or $50, and they ain't nearly as fun Very Happy !

I am looking forward to upgrades and mission packs. It would be nice if Spiffcode remembers all the early adopters and give out a mission pack for free. I believe it was Unreal that did that way back when. It wasn't much, just a few levels, but it was pretty cool.

I also hope the editor supports skirmish mode. Another thing Unreal did was support contests for independent map creation. Prizes were cheap (mostly notoriety Exclamation ), and some great stuff was created. For free.

eharbison
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the price is good with the current Pocket PC market and Palm market! After all, it is a great game and I feel that I got my moneys worth! I don't think that nearly as many people buy these games for hand helds as you might think (or make them)! So if you find a good game, pay the man and give him props! Razz
dtrotzjr
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is irrelevant. You either agree to pay for it or you don't. If you think it is too expensive you move on. If you feel it is worth it you buy it. Bottom line the developer should be free to charge whatever they want for the software. Get over it Already.

-----------------------
Tungsten T2 - w/ 256MB SD Card
http://www.readingplanner.com/palm.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wardog
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: 30 dollars is OK Reply with quote

i think the game is worth it - let's face it, this is a desktop game in the palm of your hand!! that alone makes it worth it for me Cool Wink Very Happy
supertrekie
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ya WAY worth it, i would highly recommend it, if you dont have a laptop and want to play a game worth playing its this one. Even if you do you can play this in school like i do lol Laughing
asdf797
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a registered owner, I thought 30$ was a touch steep for this great
game but I have assumed some additional features will come with it in a
future release and I wanted to support the development team. However,
I paid for what I've got and enhancements are no guarantee.

Great work.
Stemnin
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Good Price Reply with quote

Its a good price, I payed over 40$ for each of my C&C games and Starcrafts (back 7 yrs ago).

Although not much replayability, until editor.

But I wish it would run faster on my brand new tungsten. i see that they needed beta testers for palm os5, is that still on?

i am new so plz dont beat me up... Very Happy

http://www.assortedweirdness.com/cheddartrix/archives/000708.php
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stemnin, your Tungsten is an OS 5 device. Sign up for the OS 5 Warfare Inc beta test. Huge speed improvement.

Last edited by scottlu on Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
copasetic
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scottlu"]A Tunsten is an OS 5 device, you definitely want to sign up for the OS 5 Warfare Inc beta test. Huge speed improvement.[/quote]

*Tries to understand how this relates to $30.00 being too much or not...(grin)*

Regardless, there is some development software out there (yes, just for the Palm itself) that is upward of $100.00 per license. It's the programmers and developers who have to eat, and since handmark is (I assume) a publisher, they have to get a little for distribution as well. Keep your eyes peeled, there are sales on stuff every now and then, too, and it IS a good game. Sometimes I wonder how people who charge $2.99 for things even manage to eat, if they have no other source of income Smile I have the game, and even though I have sound issues on my phone that the devs are aware of, I wanted it that much, so I got it.

Besides, I used to blow $30 a month on online RPGs (yeah, the reminder of the OMNI name was a bit too scary), not to mention the countless hours and...woah, looks like I missed another birthday, LOL..sigh (j/k)
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, going off topic always happens, and he is a Handmark guy, so he can go off topic as much as he wants.

Also, about other developers you see. Some of them charging those low prices, are all from other countries, where they can make a *ok* living.

I think the price is good, especially since there will be a game update, mission/campaign editor, and multiplayer added.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mgwynn
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly pay $30, if a skirmish mode was a possibility. It's that spectacular.
GaymBoi
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$30 is at the top end for PDA games, no doubt about it. I got WFI at CompUsa along with Links on their "buy one get one free" rebate deal, so I got both games for $30 total.

Going back to WFI on it's own merits, $30 is the same price as Age of Empires. Once WFI gets multiplayer and a mission editor, it will jump ahead of AoE in replay value.

/GaymBoi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: