Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Android
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with mclear3000, I want to play WI again! Razz

As for Galm's comment, Android is not new. The first iPhone was released in June of 2007 and the first Android powered phone was released in September of 2008; so the iPhone has been out a little over three years while Android has been out a little over two years, hardly "new." Also, Andriod is based off of Linux, and was started back in 2005. Not sure when the iPhone development actually started, but it was after Apple's CEO urged them to look into touch screen technology.

To answer galm's question specifically though, the iPhone reached the 4 million mark after six months, while the G1 (first Android powered phone) had 1.5 million pre-orders.

Can we get WI for Android devices please? Smile

EDIT: Changed so I don't sound so harsh and condescending.

Last edited by DBZ-GOKU- on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol sry it was a question.
Pushwall
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played and beta-tested WI way back when on my Palm IIIc. I'm now using a Droid X and WI would rock on that system. I'm another gamer who desperately needs WI ported to Android.
Pushwall
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBZ-GOKU- wrote:
I'm with mclear3000, I want to play WI again! Razz

It's great to see my old Tapwave friend DBZ-GOKU on these forums! Smile

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, how's it going?! I was actually visiting Tapland not too long ago just for the fun of it, still go there at all?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wats tapland?
Pushwall
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBZ-GOKU- wrote:
Hey, how's it going?! I was actually visiting Tapland not too long ago just for the fun of it, still go there at all?

Yes I go there about once a week since now they are discussing more than just Tapwave Zodiac stuff. Are you still doing any game development?

Pushwall
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
Wats tapland?

Tapland was a website originally covering all things about the Tapwave Zodiac. Now they've got discussion groups with topics covering most all mobile devices/operating systems.

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewl I wonder if anyone here could help Scott port to android, he is alone.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushwall wrote:
DBZ-GOKU- wrote:

Yes I go there about once a week since now they are discussing more than just Tapwave Zodiac stuff. Are you still doing any game development?

No. I was thinking about porting one of the games I was working on though, will need to get my cousin to help out again, so we'll see.

I saw you on the Android forums. My name over there is Vanquished.

Benja
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Another request for Android Reply with quote

I'm loving my iPad and WI, .... i even loved it with Windows Mobile back in a day.

Android is on the move and I'm tossing my iPad for Android.

Scott, are you listening?

Benja
Benja
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: I'm even offering extra bling Reply with quote

I'd even be willing to pay double the iTunes store price.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to pay more as well, seeing as how back in the day it was what, $30?

Some Android users would probably complain if the price was different though, as we have seen with other ports.

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirty bucks? Hey dbz are you over 9000?
trekkie1701c
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just upgraded today to an Android phone (helps when it's free Razz), and wouldn't mind being able to play the game on it - it was a fairly enjoyable way to play it in my down time. I can still play it on my old Palm Centro, but aside from the free cost of upgrading, that phone is old and is starting to fail. Eventually I'm going to have to give up entirely on it, and I'm not buying a device to play one piece of software.

Maybe all the devs are apple nerds, I don't know. I'm not going to argue which phone is better or not, but a lot of us do use droids. Whether the iPhone is going to start outselling is kind of a moot point or not, since most people can't afford to spend several hundred dollars every time a new device comes out and are going to be stuck on their current phone for a few years, and the droid does have a respectable market share at the moment (latest figures I found put it around 17% compared to the iPhone's 23% and Palm's 6% (which likely includes WebOS which is not supported)). I'd say some money could be made from exploiting it.

Unless, of course, someone comes out with a Palm OS emulator for Android, in which case we'll all just run it in that Razz And it seems like a lot of people that ditched Palm when they switched to Web OS went to the Android platform Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: