Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Android
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elamre
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treckie you forget that this game also runs on all the iPod touches. which means it are even more devices, i don't have exact numbers, but i think its more then android devices Wink 1 on 3 people on my school have an i-device. but i guess thats not the point of this topic :p.
also, porting shouldn't be too hard right? both are ARM 6 devices, you'll only need to change the software a bit, and the controls. but who am i to say that? :p

trekkie1701c
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well even when you include iPod touches and iPads, still have to contend with the fact that Android runs on a ton of different devices from a ton of different manufacturers on a ton of different carriers, and it's gotten to the point where they're literally giving them away (that's how I got mine), and not just in contests Razz

Plus also if they decide to look at it on a world market, Android sales have also passed those of devices powered by iOS.

Like I said, not going to argue the merits of each OS, but look at it this way: Basically everyone who has access to a smartphone has access to an Android-based smartphone. And when it comes time to upgrade they're looking at $50 - or less - to get a new one; or if they decide to just take the dive and buy one off of contract, it costs $200+ to get a relatively recent iPhone whereas an Android-based device is probably going to run you $150 or so, if you go for the cheaper ones (sure, the Nexus phones cost $500 or so but if you want to go high end, but still $70 cheaper than getting a fully decked out iPhone 4).

Now, not arguing that Android is going to overtake iOS, or that it's the best mobile OS out there, or anything like that... but honestly, it's market share is not negligible. You could really make some money selling this game on it, especially since there's no really good RTS games for the Android at the moment Sad
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how there is no "real" RTS game on Android at the moment, sales would be pretty successful, especially if you keep it at the $1 price. Sales would continue for some time even with other RTS games with updated HD graphics as well. No need to add any new features, units, etc, just update the graphics and port it over and you'll have a huge success.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
micheldell
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not for the fact that being cross-platform is nice, but also for the fact that there's an android app store as well, and you'd be the first game of this type on the market. All the enhancements very tool to provide to change to take or replace it .
Matixsz
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please , make an android version, most devices with android OS had HVGA whitch is smiliar to iPhone 3G resolution, I had Xperia x8 device and I would see the First Real Time Strategy Game on it. Think about milions of ppl who would buy this game. You could get a lot of money! And everybody with android OS will be happy seeing it on their devices... You don't need to change resolution to WVGA , just let's stay at HVGA.

Post from Poland , from big fan of this game.
$Dolar
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought than this game already is. I`m still waiting for this. It must be 4 android because i love this game
trekkie1701c
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might note that Android has now edged out iOS in terms of market share (not just sales per month now, but actual market share). There are now more Android phones than Apple phones in the United States. If iOS is a big enough market for Warfare Incorporated to show up on, then Android definitely is Razz

EDIT: Reread through this thread about some of the comments where Apple's iOS exploded on release, and that Android is no different; as well as Verizon getting the iPhone "meaning death for Android".

First off, Android's growth is actually quite a bit higher than iOS's growth (though admittedly it hasn't hit the peak that iOS did).

Secondly Android-based phones are on pretty much every US carrier - not just one or two.

Thirdly, while Apple is trying to figure out the iPhone 5, multiple companies are coming out with high end phones to compete with one another and really the high end debate right now is which one coming out is the best. To give an example of one, LG's coming out with a dual-core phone which knocks the pants off of the iPhone 4 - which is not too surprising as the iPhone 4 is estimated as about 800mhz on it's processor and the newer LG phone is a dual-core 1ghz (so it's going to be twice as powerful). Another comparison point would be that LG's lowest end phone (the one I have, the LG Optimus One family) runs only slightly slower than the iPhone 4 and can easily be overclocked to match it in speed.

The next PSP will be running Android as well, so there will definitely be a demand for new games on the platform.

I don't care whether you think Android will maintain market dominance or not, but there are going to be a lot of very powerful devices - some of which will be geared towards gaming - looking for a nice game to play. If Spiffcode doesn't want a slice of the pie that's fine, but I think they stand to make a lot of money from it Razz

EDIT part 2:

Decided to actually use my poking stick to poke some people for an official response, and this is what I got:

Quote:
I'm never going to say never. It's an official maybe.

I agree it makes sense to do, and I love the game and continue to work on it in the time that I have. It will probably happen, I just don't have a time for you.

I hope that answers your question.

Scott

So: Not yet, maybe in the future I guess.
Dr. Diggles
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please make for Android! Some my friends have android phone and are disappointed they don't have this game. They watch me play and whoop up on all of you, and they like "That looks like fun, wish my phone had that game"
hgn
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, another request for Android version. I used to be a Palm owner and paid for it on the Palm. Now I have switched to the Android, and will be happy to pay for it again. Thanks in advance.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news about an Android version? Very Happy

From this list of games I update regularly, you can see the few "RTS" games available on Android:
http://androidforums.com/android-games/216857-android-games-list.html

Strategy - Real Time (5)
--Art of War 2 - HeroCraft Ltd - $3.19* - 3 stars
--Castle Warriors - GameResort - $2.99 - 3.5 stars
--Crusaders - Dancing Cat Development - $3.40 - 3 stars
--Defend Homeland - ESC Mobile - $4.80* - 4 stars
--Galcon - Hassey Enterprises, Inc. - $2.99 - 4.5 stars

The only one that can be considered a true RTS is Crusaders, which doesn't even compare to Warfare Inc. There are a couple other RTS games, but like 10x worse than the ones on that list.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galcon is not that bad i have it for ipod.
sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
galcon is not that bad i have it for ipod.

same but the free one its still really cool

lisida19
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galcon isnt even a rts, its just a bunch of circles, something very abstract
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is but it isnt like war strategy rts is real time strategy which it is.
lisida19
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like more concrete rts games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: