Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - AIR UNITS AND WALLS
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

AIR UNITS AND WALLS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see this?
Yes it seems reasonable
56%
 56%  [ 23 ]
Yes, but unreasonable
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 41

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lib! I know I ask u everytime but r u back? And u could sort of do that in a way if u adjusted units health, libs could fight like they had rockets.
10jib
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well air units are probably not going to happen because its hard to make 3d stuff (i think the only game i built was a number guessing game) and it would take a long time amusing that who ever made this would be a one man band and not a load of people like gamloft. I Am not a really good programer so don't bet to much on it.
vexko
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Raider air units Reply with quote

N@TE wrote:
I don't really have a thing for air units. Yes, it would make the game slightly more complex (you would need a couple more tutorial missions), but that's the least of my worries. Air units would dominate, and in order to make them fair, you would have to make them so weak, expensive, and poor firing, that it wouldn't be worth it to create them. There might be a medium for it to be fair and worth making, but it would be slim plus extremely uneasy(the gameplay constantly changes). However, I think that an air unit similar to a raider would be perfect. Something that slips in right at the last minute to weaken the enemy's defenses. A bomber with no other defense(no turret attached), and that can be fairly-easily destroyed but is quick and apprehensive. I would love an air unit like that.

i agree with nate, air units would ruin maps that rely on strategy. I would however like to see an artillery type of unit, these would require a surveillance center and wouldn't move (like a turret) except it would not fire automatically (so you would have to select the unit and select where to attack) and would be able to attack anywhere explored, to make this fair it should have a high range but not able to attack close to it, it should also require alot of space (3x3) and be limited to one or two, another thing is that it can destroy your own troops if your not careful.

long idea, complicated programming, im gonna say my idea probably wont happen

63.73% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: