Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Just what the Doctor ordered...
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Just what the Doctor ordered...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Diggles
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Just what the Doctor ordered... Reply with quote

Not sure how difficult each of these would be to incorporate, or if there is a reason they were omitted, but here's my thoughts:

(Note: Some were mentioned before, I restate here as I think they are worthy updates)

1. Ability to "observe" multiplayer games that you didn't join.

2. While in a created game chat room, ability to view and interact with the main lobby chat. This would let us see if anyone is online, and ask certain people to join, as teammates for example in 2vs2.

3. Please add the ability to delete maps from the map list on our devices.
I have many duplicates, and or "Unknown Mission Pack". I'd like to clean these up.

4. Another map list update: Give players the ability to mark a map as "Favorite". Then the sorted map list would have those marked as "Favorite" at the top.

5. A private chat command to let only your teammate see your chat.
Ex. /private would set all chat to be only viewed by teammates that are in the game.

6. I think the /1min command would be great, as stated in the other threads. But I don't see how it can easily be incorporated without players abusing it somehow. Not sure yet bout this one.

7. Please make for Android users so I can own my friends that don't have iPhones.

Thanks for takin the time to read through these, and please let me know your thoughts.

-Doc
Golden
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to observe a game.

If its a 2 player map edit it where there is a 3rd person but loses apon enetering. (Make sure your an anon!!)

IIf not just anon the others games and observe

Also
FOR NATE/LAWRENCE

Make an announcement topic in Mission Sharing And put the Favorite maps so far in it for people to easily download.
Itd be much more organized than being in Mission Authoring

N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Just what the Doctor ordered... Reply with quote

Dr. Diggles wrote:
Not sure how difficult each of these would be to incorporate, or if there is a reason they were omitted, but here's my thoughts:

(Note: Some were mentioned before, I restate here as I think they are worthy updates)

1. Ability to "observe" multiplayer games that you didn't join.

2. While in a created game chat room, ability to view and interact with the main lobby chat. This would let us see if anyone is online, and ask certain people to join, as teammates for example in 2vs2.

3. Please add the ability to delete maps from the map list on our devices.
I have many duplicates, and or "Unknown Mission Pack". I'd like to clean these up.

4. Another map list update: Give players the ability to mark a map as "Favorite". Then the sorted map list would have those marked as "Favorite" at the top.

4. A private chat command to let only your teammate see your chat.
Ex. /private would set all chat to be only viewed by teammates that are in the game.

5. I think the /1min command would be great, as stated in the other threads. But I don't see how it can easily be incorporated without players abusing it somehow. Not sure yet bout this one.

6. Please make for Android users so I can own my friends that don't have iPhones.

Thanks for takin the time to read through these, and please let me know your thoughts.

-Doc
#1 may cause some controversy, but maybe if every person in the match agreed to letting this happen it could be possible. Most likely this decision, like every other, would take place before the game began.

#2 was discussed a few weeks ago but failed to see the production line.

You can already do #3. Go to Add-On Mission Packs on the main screen, and then to Multiplayer Mission Packs. Mission packs that you have installed have a plus (+) symbol to the left of the mission pack title. Mission packs that you have installed and have an update available have an exclamation point (!) to the left of the mission pack title. Obviously, uninstalled mission packs simply have a blank spot to the left of them. Below the list mission packs you will notice three buttons on the bottom. The second and last buttons remain the same at "Discuss" (which brings you to the topic on the forum) and "Done" (which presents the main screen back to you), however the first button changes depending on if the mission pack is installed, installed with an available update, or uninstalled. With uninstalled mission the first button will say "Download", which tapping upon will initiate the downloading process of that pack. With installed mission packs the button will say "Remove"; this is the one you want. Choosing this button will remove every mission from the mission pack. When you have an installed an update-available mission pack, the button will have the text "Upgrade"; this, of course, updates the mission pack to it's most neoteric form. You can also sort the mission pack order by title, number of players, and number of missions in the pack. Tap on the text "Title" at the top to sort the packs by title. Do the same for "# Players" if you want the list sorted by the number of players that are in the missions, and "# Missions" if you want to sort the packs by the number of mission in them. Tap the sorting style you chose again to go in reverse-order. There is an asterisk next to the style of sorting you are currently on. By default it is sorted by the number of missions in the pack. That is my awfully-large guide to the Add-On Mission Packs screen.

Regarding #4, why have a favorites list when you could either rate the maps and/or have some form of customized map-sorting system? As I taught you above, you can already delete mission packs, so every mission pack that you have should be a "favorite."

It would be hard for the server to detect a 2v2, and if it made a mistake it could be detrimental. The fun and creative ally-switching missions would especially through the server intelligence off.

The /1minute command would most unequivocally be abused. If players can find a way to abuse the incomplex /anon command, then I have absolutely no doubt in my right state of mind that players will be foolish enough to abuse the slightly-more-complex /1minute command.

I entirely agree with adding this game to Android users. It would boost the player count substantially, and would be an overall benefit for the game. Unfortunately, scripting this entire game onto an entirely different platform would require months of diligent work just for one man. I do hope to see this, however!

Golden
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Just what the Doctor ordered... Reply with quote

N@TE wrote:

I entirely agree with adding this game to Android users. It would boost the player count substantially, and would be an overall benefit for the game. Unfortunately, scripting this entire game onto an entirely different platform would require months of diligent work just for one man. I do hope to see this, however!

How much would it take for this "diligent" man to make this possible?

LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its usually the best and simplest things that are done first, so lets prioritize Smile
From what iv seen recently it looks like WI would experience a greater amount of activity if the app ran on android.
and hey you can never have too many players!

Golden
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LawrenceA wrote:
Its usually the best and simplest things that are done first, so lets prioritize Smile
From what iv seen recently it looks like WI would experience a greater amount of activity if the app ran on android.
and hey you can never have too many players!

Except for when the rooms has so many people chatting that I lag like crazy Rolling Eyes

Dr. Diggles
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input and help Nate! I alway thought the Add on mission pack section was for single player only. I guess I should have checked it out first lol.
Matixsz
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey give us android version because I would like to get first REAL RTS on android, this could make for you a lot of money because we waiting for this game, ah and working online multiplayer would be good
frodo
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get other men to help the "one man" and diligently code up a cross-platform sequel. Get money from investors. Be the kings of mobile RTS.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's easier said than done.
slimjimninja
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:

Unforunately that's true but frodo does have a point. It would help if scott had some other helpers who could program.

sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:

lol yeah sounds easy but would be hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: