Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Random maps, players and colors
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Random maps, players and colors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Random maps, players and colors Reply with quote

I have been thinking about top players getting randomly chosen to play another top player. I mean if you're a top 25 player, why would you be scared to play another top 25? It's not like you're gonna lose a lot of points since you're playing another high-ranking player. It's kinda sad that a lot of the top players, and I mean a lot, won't even consider playing another top 25. I'd understand if both players were in the same clan but othet than that there's just no excuse. There should be an option for both top players to let the computer select a random map and random colors. Now that would b considered a real challenge. It should also be an option for 2vs2 and free for all as long as they involve top 25. And then once the computer has randomly selected the map, there should be no backing out. You either play or lose points even if it's under 3 minutes. Now that I think more about it, there should be different categories. Top 25 can opt to let the computer select the another top 25 player, random map and colors. Then same thing can be done for top 50, top 75 an and top 100. This doesn't mean that it will be changed to this completely. Like I said it should be optional to all players. And like I also said, once the players opted to random selection, there's no backing out. Fight or lose points. I think this is the ultimate way to prove yourselves worthy of the rankings. Styles make fights but if you're really good you can always find ways to get back up here or remain top players. Now players won't find any excuses or complain about choosing the same maps and colors every single time. Of course if the players are cowards then they won't ever do it. But then again who would wanna be notoriously known for being a chicken and a fake top player?

What do you guys think about it?

trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i proposed an idea like that to scott already, but he said the ACTIVE online community is too small for random placement matches
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought it up before but there wasn't any response so I just let it be for quite a while. But now, with all these problems about a lot of things, I think it's time a significant feature be added. There's no better time to do it than now. There's no need to wait for the community to grow bigger. A crowd attracts a crowd. Additional/new features make people keep coming back for more. And more people means more enthusiasts/spectators which means more people will try this game which also means more people will play this game more often. It's a chain reaction that is hard to break.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i told scott that random placement matchings (which would match up ppl of ~100 rank difference according to what game type they choose [1v1, 2v2, FFA ranked on a challenge map, not user created ones]) would eliminate the problem of score pumping. Scott was considering that idea, but he told me the online community is too small

iunno bout you but i agree now... the active online community is too small for such matches

valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mine is a business advice which is good for the company/developer as well as the gamers. To become a failure, all you gotta do is sit around doing nothing or not much for your clients, which is us, the paying customers. To be successful, you have to exceed the clients'/customers' expectations. Show them innovation. Never stop thriving. Keep on improving. Keep on discovering new things and invent them. Put your ideas into motion.

Heck, I used to get paid for my ideas and advices but I'm doing it free for Scott only because I love this game. This is one of the 4 or so iPhone games that I love. So when I post something here, it is not about non-sense.

trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oo is that your job? lol curious
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was part of my job but I got promoted. I wouldn't mind doing it again though.
sars
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweat I hope no more teams
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of players wouldn't play each other unless it's a 2vs2 map. Sucks when ok players are on top. I tried many times to play da dealer 1vs1 but no play and stone88 nope all the others nope. I would love it was enforced to play other top ranking players but it's not.
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sars wrote:
Sweat I hope no more teams

There will still be teams but if the teams opt for a random map and color selection then it should be fair play and there's definitely more suspense since you don't know what the ai will choose. It could be a map that neither of the players played before so yeah, should be challenging.

valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
Alot of players wouldn't play each other unless it's a 2vs2 map. Sucks when ok players are on top. I tried many times to play da dealer 1vs1 but no play and stone88 nope all the others nope. I would love it was enforced to play other top ranking players but it's not.

Unfortunately some top players prefer playing against another top players using their main id's. Can't really blame them for that but if the players you've challenged, and I'm not naming names, did not want to play then you probably should ask them why. Once you've figured out why and it's only because of maps and colors, then you can meet them half-way and make the game happen. There will always be ways to have them play you. If one doesn't work, try a different one. Eventually they will play you.

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the half way mark is their map and they choose their color never on my map. Some players just don't have time some just play 2vs2. I don't feel like I beat some one if I had help.

O yea they never played my maps( lol never played desert riches lol)
I do back out of longtrans call outs cause he beats me everytime on desert riches.

Zack beats me some time lol on new maps he nows where to put the miners hahaha Zack has beaten me more times then most players on top25 has played me. He puts up more of a fight then the others lol true story.

But what ever^^^^^^. (I want to play them more often)

Write many strategy.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's exactly the reason why there should be an option for random maps, colors and players.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol one top25 told me to leave his game I wanted to play him cause it was an unlimted buget map he said get out. Another said he respected me to much he wouldent battle me and that I beat him on his favorite map.(I guess long time ago :-/) another good player said to leave caused I trained him on that map :-/. Lollollol hmmmm what to do hmmmmm
Write many strategy.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try 2vs2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: