Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Can not turn Replicator off (triggers not working)
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Can not turn Replicator off (triggers not working)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Can not turn Replicator off (triggers not working) Reply with quote

I have set up a Replicator site with the Replicator and three activators. I want the Replicator to be turned on while there are friendly units on the activators and to switch off if an activator is abandoned or captured by the enemy. I manage to turn the Replicator on when I put units on the activators, but I can not make it turn off again.

The way I am trying to do this is by creating an area on top of each activator and then setting a trigger to turn the Replicator on when each of these areas contain at least one friendly mobile unit (I have also added Andy, since he is in the level). I have the set triggers that turns Side 1's Replicator off in case one of these areas contain exactly 0 of "any unit" belonging to Side 1. I have also tried with "at most 0". When I test the level, the Replicator turns on once I have placed units on all three activators, but it does not turn off again when I move the units off the activators. I can not see where my logic fails... Crying or Very sad

I know that in a level in the pack that came with the game, there was aReplicator that would do exactly what I want this one to do (except for the fact that I want it to work only for friendly units). How was that done? What is the best way to set up something like this?

I am running v. 1.0a on a Palm Tungsten T3. The level does not contain much more than what I have mentioned at the moment, since I recently had to start over after creating a level that produced a Fatal Exception error on my palm.

--SoLan
Wizard
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have got this problem.

I created trigger A to switch on the Replicator when all three pads contains exactly 1 unit belonging to Side 1

Trigger B is to switch the Replicator off if pad one contains exactly 0 units of Side 1. Triggers C and D are the same as B.

As SoLan, the replicator switches on, but not off again.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
HTML | JS | VB | KIX | CFM | English

Everyone is a 'disgruntled employee'. What kind of word is 'disgruntled' anyway.? Can someone be 'gruntled'.?
t3guy
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, my level wasn't going to have a replicator, but I had to try it. First I added the replicator itself, and set the Side to be Side2, which is the human player on my level. Then I added three new areas around it, made them as small as possible and named them r1, r2, and r3. Then I added three replicator switches, one on top of each area, and made them Side2. It took me a couple of tries, but the example below made the replicator come on when the areas were populated, and switch off if any of them were not. Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------
CONDITIONS:
-Area 'r1' contains Exactly 0 Any Unit owned by Side 2
ACTIONS
-Turn Side2's Replicator Off
-Preserve trigger
CONDITIONS:
-Area 'r2' contains Exactly 0 Any Unit owned by Side 2
ACTIONS
-Preserve trigger
CONDITIONS:
-Area 'r3' contains Exactly 0 Any Unit owned by Side 2
ACTIONS
-Preserve trigger
CONDITIONS:
-Area 'r1' contains Exactly 1 Any Unit owned by Side2
-Area 'r2' contains Exactly 1 Any Unit owned by Side2
-Area 'r3' contains Exactly 1 Any Unit owned by Side2
ACTIONS:
-Turn Side2's Replicator On
-Preserve trigger

So far I have made my level begin correctly, centered over Andy. The computer begins mining and building vehicles and troops, and sends those troops to certain locations. The mission will fail if Andy dies and suceed if there are no computer controled elements left. I haven't worked out how to build an exact number of troops or vehicles per area yet, working on that.
Wizard
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

My replicator setup is the same except that I don't have the "Preserve Trigger" settings

W

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
HTML | JS | VB | KIX | CFM | English

Everyone is a 'disgruntled employee'. What kind of word is 'disgruntled' anyway.? Can someone be 'gruntled'.?
SoLan
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Preserve trigger did it! Reply with quote

'Preserve trigger' was the key to the problem. My Replicator is now working perfectly! Smile

Thanks, t3guy!

--SoLan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: